Affiliation: Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
- Selective adaptation in networks of cortical neuronsDanny Eytan
Faculties of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 31096, Israel
J Neurosci 23:9349-56. 2003..The observation that selective adaptation arises naturally in a network of cortical neurons developing ex vivo indicates that this is an inherent feature of spontaneously organizing cortical networks...
- Order-based representation in random networks of cortical neuronsGoded Shahaf
Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
PLoS Comput Biol 4:e1000228. 2008..This study uncovers a simple invariant in a noisy biological network in vitro; its applicability under in vivo constraints remains to be seen...
- Selective adaptation in networks of heterogeneous populations: model, simulation, and experimentAvner Wallach
Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
PLoS Comput Biol 4:e29. 2008..The framework is sufficiently general to apply to different biological systems, and was demonstrated in two different cases...
- Learning in ex-vivo developing networks of cortical neuronsShimon Marom
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, 32000, Israel
Prog Brain Res 147:189-99. 2005..Learning is then analyzed in terms of exploration (defined as changes in the configuration of associations within the biological network) and recognition (the stabilization of "worthy" associations)...
- Tradeoffs and constraints on neural representation in networks of cortical neuronsEinat Kermany
Network Biology Laboratories, Technion, Haifa, Israel
J Neurosci 30:9588-96. 2010..We discuss these differences in the context of neural population dynamics...
- Dopamine-induced dispersion of correlations between action potentials in networks of cortical neuronsDanny Eytan
Dept of Physiology and Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa 31096, Israel
J Neurophysiol 92:1817-24. 2004..Our results indicate that, at the neuronal ensemble level, dopamine acts to enhance changes in network connectivity rather than stabilize such connections...
- Dynamics and effective topology underlying synchronization in networks of cortical neuronsDanny Eytan
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 32000, Israel
J Neurosci 26:8465-76. 2006..We demonstrate this capacity by observing the dynamics of two artificially coupled assemblies in vitro, using neuronal activity of one as a trigger for electrical stimulation of the other...