- Suicidal tendencies and body image and experience in anorexia nervosa and suicidal female adolescent inpatientsDaniel Stein
Pediatric Department, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Psychother Psychosom 72:16-25. 2003..The aim of this study was to assess the relationship between body image and suicidal tendencies in anorexia nervosa (AN)...
- Stunting of growth as a major feature of anorexia nervosa in male adolescentsDalit Modan-Moses
Pediatric Endocrinology Service, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Pediatrics 111:270-6. 2003..To assess growth retardation in male adolescent patients who have a diagnosis of anorexia nervosa (AN) and the effect of weight restoration on catch-up growth...
- Defense mechanisms in a community-based sample of female adolescents with partial eating disordersDaniel Stein
Pediatric Psychosomatic Department, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Int J Psychiatry Med 33:343-55. 2003..The purpose of this study is to assess whether female adolescents diagnosed with partial eating disorders (EDs) will show less adaptive defense mechanisms compared to female controls with no-ED...
- Attempted suicide and self-injury in patients diagnosed with eating disordersDaniel Stein
The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Compr Psychiatry 45:447-51. 2004..The findings of this study support an increased tendency toward impulsivity among parasuicidal ED outpatients...
- Sleep disturbances in adolescents with symptoms of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderDaniel Stein
Pediatric Psychosomatic Department, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Learn Disabil 35:268-75. 2002..These findings suggest that among adolescents with ADHD symptoms, the severity of symptoms of depression may contribute to the degree of sleep disturbance in addition to the effect of their primary disorder and MPH treatment...
- Perimenstrual psychosis among female adolescents: two case reports and an update of the literatureDaniel Stein
Tel Aviv University, Israel
Int J Psychiatry Med 33:169-79. 2003..Perimenstrual psychosis is an uncommon disorder, not included under the accepted classifications of functional psychoses. Our aim was to describe two Israeli female adolescents who fit this diagnosis...
- Linear growth and final height characteristics in adolescent females with anorexia nervosaDalit Modan-Moses
Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes Unit, The Edmond and Lily Safra Children s Hospital, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Ramat Gan, Israel
PLoS ONE 7:e45504. 2012..However, findings concerning final height of AN patients are inconsistent. The aim of this study was to assess these phenomena in female adolescent inpatients with AN...
- Changes in implicit and explicit measures of ego functions and distress among two eating disorder subgroups: outcomes of integrative treatmentLily Rothschild
Safra Children s Hospital, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Eat Disord 17:242-59. 2009..These data further indicate that the restricting and bingeing/purging patients may require different treatment approaches...
- Olfactory function and alternation learning in eating disordersDaniel Stein
Edmond and Lily Safra Children s Hospital, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 22:615-24. 2012....
- Modulation of adiponectin and leptin during refeeding of female anorexia nervosa patientsDalit Modan-Moses
Pediatric Endocrinology Unit, Division of Pediatrics, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, 52621 Israel
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:1843-7. 2007..Several studies assessed adiponectin levels in anorexia nervosa (AN) patients, however, data regarding the dynamics of changes in adiponectin levels during refeeding of these patients is limited and contradicting...
- CAG repeat polymorphism within the KCNN3 gene is a significant contributor to susceptibility to anorexia nervosa: a case-control study of female patients and several ethnic groups in the Israeli Jewish populationMaya Koronyo-Hamaoui
Danek Gertner Institute of Human Genetics, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 131:76-80. 2004..These findings further implicate KCNN3 as a significant contributor to predisposition to AN...
- Electroconvulsive therapy and transcranial magnetic stimulation: can they be considered valid modalities in the treatment of pediatric mood disorders?Daniel Stein
Pediatric Psychosomatic Department, Safra Children s Hospital, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 15:1035-56, xi. 2006..This awareness substantiates the need to define the place of electroconvulsive therapy and transcranial magnetic stimulation in the treatment of pediatric depression...
- Obstetric complications in individuals diagnosed with autism and in healthy controlsDaniel Stein
Pediatric Psychosomatic Department, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Compr Psychiatry 47:69-75. 2006....
- Disordered eating in elderly female patients diagnosed with chronic schizophreniaDaniel Stein
Pediatric Psychosomatic Department, The Edmond and Lily Safra Children's Hospital, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci 42:191-7. 2005....
- Mentalization and relationships with parents as predictors of eating disordered behaviorLily Rothschild-Yakar
Safra Children s Hospital, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Ramat Gan, Israel
J Nerv Ment Dis 198:501-7. 2010..Findings supported the role of low mentalization as a risk factor, and of high mentalization as a protective factor, in the formation of ED...
- Sociodemographic factors associated with attempted suicide in two Israeli cities between 1990 and 1998Daniel Stein
The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Nerv Ment Dis 190:115-8. 2002
- Electroconvulsive therapy in adolescent and adult psychiatric inpatients--a retrospective chart designDaniel Stein
The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Affect Disord 82:335-42. 2004..CONCLUSIONS: ECT may be an effective, well-tolerated and safe procedure in both adult and adolescent inpatients...
- Changes in defensiveness and in affective distress following inpatient treatment of eating disorders: Rorschach comprehensive system and self-report measuresLily Rothschild
Safra Children s Hospital, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Pers Assess 90:356-67. 2008..Subgroups' different Rorschach change trends indicated different dynamic processes in defensive style and contact with inner/external reality...
- Negative bodily self in suicide attemptersIsrael Orbach
Psychology Department of Bar Ilan University, Israel
Suicide Life Threat Behav 36:136-53. 2006..These hypotheses were confirmed. The role of a negative bodily self in suicidal behavior is proposed and discussed...
- Serum creatine kinase levels in untreated hospitalized adolescents during acute psychosisHaggai Hermesh
Geha Psychiatric Hospital and Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tiqva, Israel
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 41:1045-53. 2002..Adult PACK is a relatively consistent individual trait. The authors investigated whether psychotic adolescents also present with such PACK characteristics...
- Pain perception in recovered bulimia nervosa patientsDaniel Stein
Sheba Medical Center, 21Tel Hashomer, Israel
Int J Eat Disord 34:331-6. 2003..DISCUSSION: Decreased pain sensitivity persists after recovery from BN and may reflect altered modulatory function in this illness...
- Dream content of schizophrenic, nonschizophrenic mentally ill, and community control adolescentsJack Hadjez
Shaar Menashe Mental Health Center, Shaar Menashe, Israel
Adolescence 38:331-42. 2003....
- Eating disorders and disordered eating in Israel: an updated reviewYael Latzer
Eating Disorders Clinic, Psychiatry Division, Rambam Medical Center, Affiliated With the School of Social Work, Haifa University, Haifa, Israel
Eur Eat Disord Rev 16:361-74. 2008....
- Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in the treatment of depression in adolescents: an open-label studyYuval Bloch
Shalvata Mental Health Center, Hod Hasharon, Israel
J ECT 24:156-9. 2008..This open-label pilot study examined repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation as a possible treatment of adolescent resistant depression...
- Alterations in QT dispersion in the surface electrocardiogram of female adolescents diagnosed with restricting-type anorexia nervosaEitan Nahshoni
Geha Mental Health Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tikva, Israel
J Psychosom Res 62:469-72. 2007..We assessed QTd in malnourished anorexia nervosa (AN) inpatients and following weight restoration...
- Plasma homocysteine levels in female patients with eating disordersJoseph Levine
Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Int J Eat Disord 40:277-84. 2007..To examine plasma homocysteine, vitamin B(12), and folate levels in females with restricting and bingeing/purging eating disorders (EDs)...
- Dual contribution of NR2B subunit of NMDA receptor and SK3 Ca(2+)-activated K+ channel to genetic predisposition to anorexia nervosaMaya Koronyo Hamaoui
The Danek Gertner Institute of Human Genetics, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
J Psychiatr Res 41:160-7. 2007..8 for the combined NR2B/SK3 genotypes including high-risk alleles). These findings point to the contribution of genes associated with the NMDA-R signaling pathway to predisposition and development of AN...
- Predictors of embryo fragmentation and outcome after fragment removal in in vitro fertilizationMartin D Keltz
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10019, USA
Fertil Steril 86:321-4. 2006..CONCLUSION(S): Fragmented embryos correlate with poorer prognosis cycles; however, fragmented embryos that undergo defragmentation result in equivalent clinical outcomes to high-grade, nondefragmented embryos...
- Editorial: eating disorders: update, controversies, and the Israeli perspectiveYael Latzer
Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci 42:141-5. 2005