- Diagnosing carotid stenosis by Doppler sonography: state of the artDiana Gaitini
Unit of Ultrasound, Department of Medical Imaging, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
J Ultrasound Med 24:1127-36. 2005..The goal of this review article is to present the state of the art in the clinical applications and technical performance and interpretation of carotid sonographic examinations...
- Posttraumatic active bleeding of mediastinal mixed vascular malformation: a case reportMichalle Soudack
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Rambam Medical Center, Ha aliya Hashniya 8, Haifa 31096, Israel
J Pediatr Surg 41:1316-8. 2006..Our case is the first description in the English medical literature of a posttraumatic bleeding mediastinal mixed vascular malformation and includes sequential CT scans illustrating the dynamic nature of hemorrhage...
- Imaging features of posterior mediastinal chordoma in a childMichalle Soudack
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Rambam Health Care Campus, Haifa, Israel
Pediatr Radiol 37:492-7. 2007..Our radiological results are described with an analysis of the imaging findings in the medical literature. We present our suggestions for preoperative evaluation of posterior mediastinal tumors...
- Utility of sonographically guided biopsy in metabolically suspected recurrent lymphomaMichalle Soudack
Department of Medical Imaging, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
J Ultrasound Med 27:225-31. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine the diagnostic accuracy of sonographically guided biopsy of [(18)F]fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG)-avid foci on positron emission tomography (PET)/computed tomography (CT) in patients with lymphoma...
- Sonographically guided percutaneous needle biopsy of soft tissue masses with histopathologic correlationMichalle Soudack
Department of Medical Imaging, Rambam Medical Center, Ha aliya Hashniya 8, 31096 Haifa, Israel
J Ultrasound Med 25:1271-7; quiz 1278-9. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the accuracy of sonographically guided percutaneous core biopsy of soft tissue masses...
- Experience with focused abdominal sonography for trauma (FAST) in 313 pediatric patientsMichalle Soudack
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Rambam Medical Center and Faculty of Medicine, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Ha'aliya Hashnia 8, Bat Galim, Haifa 31096, Israel
J Clin Ultrasound 32:53-61. 2004..The sensitivity, specificity, and accuracy of FAST were 92.5%, 97.2%, and 95.5%, respectively. CONCLUSIONS: FAST is an effective tool in screening pediatric trauma patients for blunt abdominal trauma...
- Prune belly syndrome: expanding the phenotypeTatiana Smolkin
Department of Neonatology, Meyer Children's Hospital, Rambam Health Care Campus, Haifa, Israel
Clin Dysmorphol 17:133-5. 2008
- Coping with war mass casualties in a hospital under fire: the radiology experienceAhuva Engel
Department of Medical Imaging, Rambam Health Care Center, 8 Ha aliya Ha shniya, 31096 Haifa, Israel
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:1212-21. 2009..CONCLUSION: Adequate communication, strict workflow, and correct use of imaging protocols ensured optimal triage, diagnosis, and therapy of casualties while maintaining care for nonwar patients...
- Sonographic biometry of the frontal lobe in normal and growth-restricted neonatesImad R Makhoul
Department of Neonatology, Meyer Childrens Hospital, Rambam Medical Center, and the Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Bat Galim, Haifa 31096, Israel
Pediatr Res 55:877-83. 2004..015, respectively). In conclusion, FL measures increased significantly between 24 and 43 wk of gestation, and were strongly correlated with HC. We speculate that a sonographically small fetal HC implies growth restriction of the fetal FL...
- Clinically unsuspected foreign bodies: the importance of sonographyMichalle Soudack
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Unit of Ultrasound, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
J Ultrasound Med 22:1381-5. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: The possibility of a foreign body should be considered when scanning soft tissue masses even in the absence of a relevant clinical history. Once a foreign body is diagnosed, no further workup is indicated...
- Sonographic evaluation of vascular injuriesDiana Gaitini
Unit of Ultrasound, Department of Medical Imaging, Rambam Medical Center, Ha aliya 8, 31096, Haifa, Israel
J Ultrasound Med 27:95-107. 2008..The purpose of this presentation is to highlight the color Doppler duplex sonographic features of procedure-related and blunt or penetrating trauma-related vascular injuries...
- Intrathoracic postesophagectomy stomach: the role of chest sonography in pediatric patientsMichalle Soudack
Ultrasound Unit, Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
J Ultrasound Med 23:849-52. 2004..Sonography can differentiate between lung consolidation or pleural fluid and a food- or fluid-filled stomach. Simple maneuvers such as postural changes can confirm in the diagnosis...
- Last fluoroscopy hold in paediatric fluoroscopy: dynamic capture of physiological events and a potential for radiation exposure time reductionMichalle Soudack
Pediatric Imaging, Edmond and Lily Safra Children s Hospital, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol 56:93-5. 2012..LFH was used in 29% of the examinations. The Institutional Review Board approved this study and waived informed consent...
- Appendicitis within a femoral hernia: sonographic appearanceJana Filatov
Department of Medical Imaging, Rambam Health Care Campus, PO Box 9602, Ha'Aliya St 8, 31096 Haifa, Israel
J Ultrasound Med 25:1233-5. 2006
- Anophthalmia-plus syndrome: a clinical report and review of the literatureImad R Makhoul
Department of Neonatology, Meyer Children s Hospital, Rambam Health Care Campus, and the Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Am J Med Genet A 143:64-8. 2007..The karyotype was normal. Summary of the findings in nine cases (our case and eight published cases) support the notion that anophthalmia-plus syndrome (APS) is a distinct syndrome. Gene locus of APS is yet to be identified...
- Retrosternal thyroid goiter: 15 years experienceAlon Ben Nun
Department of General Thoracic Surgery, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 8:106-9. 2006..In about 1-15% of thyroidectomies, the goiter is intrathoracic and requires somewhat different management. This topic has not been reviewed in the literature recently...
- Neonatal transient renal failure with renal medullary hyperechogenicity: clinical and laboratory featuresImad R Makhoul
Department of Neonatology, Meyer Children s Hospital and Rambam Medical Center, Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Pediatr Nephrol 20:904-9. 2005..Physicians caring for neonates should be aware of this benign and transient condition...
- Twinkling artifact in gallbladder adenomyomatosisEduard Ghersin
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Rambam Medical Center Haifa, Israel
J Ultrasound Med 22:229-31. 2003
- Spontaneous thrombosis of hepatic posttraumatic pseudoaneurysms: sonographic and computed tomographic featuresMichalle Soudack
Department of Medical Imaging, Rambam Medical Center, PO Box 9602, Haifa, Israel
J Ultrasound Med 22:99-103. 2003..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report in the English literature with sonographic depiction of spontaneous thrombosis of a hepatic posttraumatic pseudoaneurysm in a child...