Affiliation: Rabin Medical Center
- [Occupational asthma--the case of bakers' asthma]Hasham Bishara
Pulmonary Division, Nazareth Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Bar Ilan University, Galilee
Harefuah 152:457-60, 499. 2013..OA is potentially preventable, through early diagnosis and exposure cessation interventions. Thus, clinicians should consider the occupational history in every adult patient presenting with newly diagnosed asthma...
- [Tuberculosis in pregnancy and puerperium]Hashem Bishara
Pulmonary Division and Tuberculosis Clinic, Nazareth Hospital, Nazareth, Israel
Harefuah 152:381-4, 435. 2013..Awareness of risk factors for TB, the elusive symptoms of the disease during pregnancy, and implementing the necessary diagnostic workup at delivery is vital to minimize pregnancy related TB morbidity...
- Tuberculosis outbreak in an immigrant reception center in Israel: a clinical and epidemiologic perspectiveHashem Bishara
Nazareth Tuberculosis Clinic, Nazareth Hospital, Nazareth, Faculty of Medicine in Galilee Bar Ilan University
Scand J Infect Dis 46:906-10. 2014..This outbreak highlights the challenges of screening for active TB among immigrants and hard to reach groups...
- Indolent pneumonia in a pregnant recent immigrant from Ethiopia: think TBHashem Bishara
Tuberculosis Center, Nazareth Hospital, Nazareth, and Faculty of Medicine in Galilee Bar Ilan University, Israel
Prim Care Respir J 23:102-5. 2014..We discuss the reasons for this delay in diagnosis, how a more timely diagnosis might have been made, and the dilemma of initiating treatment in unconfirmed TB. ..
- [Accessibility and compliance of Ethiopian immigrants to latent tuberculosis infection treatment]Hashem Bishara
Tuberculosis Clinic, Nazereth Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Bar Ilan University, Galilee
Harefuah 153:8-11, 66. 2014..However, levels of adherence are found to be consistently low, and noncompliance constitutes the major barrier for achieving the full benefits of LTBI treatment...