Affiliation: Rabin Medical Center
- Effect of bundle branch block patterns on mortality in hospitalized patients with heart failureAlon Barsheshet
Heart Institute, Sheba Medical Center, and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Am J Cardiol 101:1303-8. 2008..In conclusion, RBBB rather than LBBB is an independent predictor of mortality in hospitalized patients with systolic HF. This prognostic marker could be used for risk stratification and the selection of treatment...
- Clinical course and outcome of patients enrolled in US and non-US centres in MADIT-CRTJonathan Buber
The Leviev Heart Center, Heart Institute, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Ramat Gan 52621, Israel
Eur Heart J 32:2697-704. 2011..We aimed to evaluate within the MADIT-CRT database whether different enrollment characteristics between US and non-US centres affected the clinical course of study patients...
- Predictors of long-term (4-year) mortality in elderly and young patients with acute heart failureAlon Barsheshet
Heart Institute, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Eur J Heart Fail 12:833-40. 2010..The present study was designed to identify and compare predictors of short- and long-term mortality in elderly and young patients hospitalized with acute heart failure (HF)...
- Reduction in life-threatening ventricular tachyarrhythmias in statin-treated patients with nonischemic cardiomyopathy enrolled in the MADIT-CRT (Multicenter Automatic Defibrillator Implantation Trial with Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy)Jonathan Buber
Leviev Heart Center, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Am Coll Cardiol 60:749-55. 2012....
- Effect of elapsed time from coronary revascularization to implantation of a cardioverter defibrillator on long-term survival in the MADIT-II trialAlon Barsheshet
Cardiology Division, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 22:1237-42. 2011..This study was designed to evaluate the effect of elapsed time from CR on long-term mortality and arrhythmic risk among patients who receive an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)...
- The effects of anodal stimulation on electrocardiogram, left ventricular dyssynchrony, and acute haemodynamics in patients with biventricular pacemakersRaed Abu Sham'a
Davidai Arrhythmia Center, Tel Aviv University, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Europace 13:997-1003. 2011..Its incidence varies according to the implanted hardware. We aim at evaluating the incidence of ANS and its acute haemodynamic effects among CRT patients...
- Usefulness of mild therapeutic hypothermia for hospitalized comatose patients having out-of-hospital cardiac arrestAvishag Laish-Farkash
ICCU Leviev Heart Center, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Am J Cardiol 108:173-8. 2011..Good prognostic factors for patients with non-VF could be young age, good left ventricular function, and short anoxic time...
- Admission blood glucose level and mortality among hospitalized nondiabetic patients with heart failureAlon Barsheshet
Neufeld Cardiac Research Institute, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Arch Intern Med 166:1613-9. 2006..We examined the possible association between admission glucose levels and outcome in a large cohort of hospitalized patients with HF...
- Epileptic seizure vs. myocardial infarction: the significance of cardiac troponin levelsGilad Twig
Department of Medicine B, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 9:889-90. 2007
- Tilt training: does it have a role in preventing vasovagal syncope?Osnat Gurevitz
Heart Institute, Sheba Medical Center, Tei Hashomer, Israel
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 30:1499-505. 2007..Previous trials have shown effectiveness of tilt training in treating this condition. We conducted a prospective, randomized study in order to evaluate the role of tilt-training in young adults with vasovagal syncope...
- The significance of pulse oximetry in the diagnosis of pacemaker failure to outputAthanasios Michailidis
Heart Institute, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 15:293-5. 2010..Pulse oximeter plethysmographic wave signal virtually excluded this suspicion. This case report demonstrates the clinical utility of initial pulse oximeter wave analysis in excluding pacemaker failure to output...
- Risk of recurrent cardiac events after onset of menopause in women with congenital long-QT syndrome types 1 and 2Jonathan Buber
Leviev Heart Center, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Circulation 123:2784-91. 2011..We hypothesized that the hormonal changes associated with menopause may affect clinical risk in this population...