- An intervention program to reduce the number of hospitalizations of elderly patients in a primary care clinicRoni Peleg
Clalit Health Services, Southern District, Israel
BMC Health Serv Res 8:36. 2008..The elderly population consumes a large share of medical resources in the western world. A significant portion of the expense is related to hospitalizations...
- The diagnosis of delirium among elderly patients presenting to the emergency department of an acute hospitalYan Press
Yasski Clinic, Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment Unit, Clalit Health Services, Beersheva, Israel
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 48:201-4. 2009..We suggest that part of the solution involves providing appropriate education to ED physicians as well as adding a geriatric consultant to the ED roster...
- The effect of co-morbidity on the rehabilitation process in elderly patients after hip fractureYan Press
Department of Geriatrics, Soroka Medical Hospital, POB 151, Beersheva 84101, Israel
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 45:281-94. 2007..In our context, we found that only co-morbidity (as measured by CIRS) is the best predictor of rehabilitation outcome of elderly patients after surgical repair of hip fracture...
- Effectiveness of vitamin B12 in treating recurrent aphthous stomatitis: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialIlia Volkov
Department of Family Medicine, Ben Gurion University of the Negev Beer Sheva, Israel
J Am Board Fam Med 22:9-16. 2009..However, there has been no optimal therapeutic approach. Our objective was to confirm our previous clinical observation of the beneficial treatment of RAS with vitamin B(12)...
- Modern society and prospects of low vitamin B12 intakeIlia Volkov
Department of Family Medicine, Sial Research Center for Family Medicine and Primary Care, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, and Clalit Health Services, Southern District, Beer Sheva, Israel
Ann Nutr Metab 51:468-70. 2007..Vitamin B(12) deficiency can occur in individuals with dietary patterns that exclude animal foods and patients who are unable to absorb vitamin B(12 )in food...
- What are the recommended guidelines for checking vitamin B12 by primary practitioners?Ilia Volkov
Department of Family Medicine, Sial Research Center for Family Medicine and Primary Care, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Eur J Gen Pract 13:155-6. 2007
- Vitamin B12 could be a "master key" in the regulation of multiple pathological processesIlia Volkov
Department of Family Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
J Nippon Med Sch 73:65-9. 2006..We suggest that this "Master Key" concept can be tested by treating diseases, such as recurrent stomatitis, various forms of hyperpigmentation, trophic ulcers, and burns, with vitamin B12, even if the B12 serum level is normal...
- Successful treatment of chronic erythema nodosum with vitamin B12Ilia Volkov
Department of Family Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, PO Box 84105, Beer Sheva 84514, Israel
J Am Board Fam Pract 18:567-9. 2005..Because it seems that vitamin B12 caused resolution of EN in this case, we recommend that physicians consider testing for vitamin B12 deficiency in patients with EN...
- [Estimating the need for geriatricians in Israel: 2000-2020]Yan Press
Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment Unit, Yasski Clinic, Clalit Health Services, Beer Sheba, Israel
Harefuah 147:120-4, 183. 2008..Despite the growth in the absolute number of Israel's elderly population, no previous estimate has been published on the number of geriatricians required, either at present or for the next 20 years...
- Knowledge and attitudes of internists compared to medical students regarding acupunctureZohar Shani-Gershoni
Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 10:219-23. 2008..Acupuncture and public interest in this modality have increased over recent years in Israel and throughout the western world...
- [Sexual dysfunction--what is the primary physicians role?]Yan Press
Family Medicine Department, Sial Research Center for Family Medicine and Primary Care, Division of Community Health, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Harefuah 142:662-5, 719. 2003..Studies suggest that it is prevalent in 10-52% of women and 25-63% of men, and could have a tremendous impact on the individual, interpersonal relations, and on the family quality of life...