- Alterations in QT dispersion in the surface electrocardiogram of female adolescents diagnosed with restricting-type anorexia nervosaEitan Nahshoni
Geha Mental Health Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tikva, Israel
J Psychosom Res 62:469-72. 2007..We assessed QTd in malnourished anorexia nervosa (AN) inpatients and following weight restoration...
- Early repolarization in young children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder versus normal controls: a retrospective preliminary chart review studyEitan Nahshoni
Geha Mental Health Center, Liaison Service, Rabin Medical Centar, Petach Tikva, Israel
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 19:731-5. 2009..Thus, in the present retrospective chart review study, we estimated the rate of ER pattern, as well as RR, QT, and QTc intervals, from ECG tracings of physically healthy children with ADHD versus physically and mentally healthy controls...
- QT interval and dispersion in very young children treated with antipsychotic drugs: a retrospective chart reviewEitan Nahshoni
Geha Mental Health Center, Liaison Service, Rabin Medical Center, Petach Tikva, Israel
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 17:187-94. 2007..In the present retrospective chart review study, we calculated QT interval, QTd, and their rate-corrected values in very young children treated with antipsychotics...
- Alterations in QT dispersion in the surface electrocardiogram of female adolescent inpatients diagnosed with bulimia nervosaEitan Nahshoni
Geha Mental Health Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tikva, Israel
Compr Psychiatry 51:406-11. 2010..The elevated QTd in malnourished bulimia nervosa patients might indicate a cardiac autonomic imbalance that is most likely corrected after symptomatic improvement...
- Late potentials in the signal-averaged electrocardiogram in schizophrenia patients maintained on antipsychotic agents: a preliminary naturalistic studyEitan Nahshoni
Geha Mental Health Center, Campus Beilinson, Petah Tiqva, Israel Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 20:146-52. 2010..Further large-scale longitudinal prospective studies are warranted to substantiate our findings and to clarify their impact on the excess cardiac morbidity and mortality in schizophrenia patients...
- Alterations in QT dispersion in medicated schizophrenia patients following electroconvulsive therapyEitan Nahshoni
Geha Mental Health Center, Campus Beilinson, Petach Tivka, Israel
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 14:121-5. 2004..Further large-scale studies are warranted to determine if QTd can serve as a marker for response to ECT, and if it is a risk factor for sudden cardiac death in schizophrenia patients...
- Late potentials in the signal-averaged electrocardiogram in pre-pubertal children with ADHD, before and after methylphenidate treatmentEitan Nahshoni
The Davidoff Cancer Center, Rabin Medical Center, Petach Tikva, Israel
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 21:75-8. 2012..In conclusion, this preliminary small-scale study suggests that methylphenidate in physically healthy children with ADHD was not associated with cardiac ventricular LPs, suggesting the safety of the agent in this age group...
- Heart rate variability in patients with major depressionEitan Nahshoni
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery and the Institute of Cardiology, Rabin Medical Center, Israel
Psychosomatics 45:129-34. 2004..The results support the hypothesis that cardiac autonomic imbalance (reduced vagal modulation) to the extent of cardiac neuropathy is present in depression...
- Complexity of the dynamic QT variability and RR variability in patients with acute anterior wall myocardial infarction: a novel technique using a non-linear methodEitan Nahshoni
The Gehah Mental Heallth Center, Geha Research Unit, Petah Tikva, Israel
J Electrocardiol 37:173-9. 2004..769, P =.0021). Our results support the presence of autonomic abnormalities during infarction and might complement existing tools for assessment of increased risk for sudden death after AMI...
- Heart rate variability increases in elderly depressed patients who respond to electroconvulsive therapyEitan Nahshoni
Department of Cardiology, Rabin Medical Center, Petach Tikva, Israel
J Psychosom Res 56:89-94. 2004..To evaluate the parasympathetic modulation in elderly inpatients with major depressive disorder (MDD) before and after electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) using both linear and nonlinear methods of heart rate variability (HRV) analysis...
- Perfectionism, narcissism, and depression in suicidal and nonsuicidal adolescent inpatientsOrnit Freudenstein
Feinberg Child Study Center, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petach Tikva, Israel
Compr Psychiatry 53:746-52. 2012....
- Suicidal behavior and related traits among inpatient adolescents with first-episode schizophreniaGal Shoval
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Geha Psychiatric Hospital, Petah Tikva, Israel
Compr Psychiatry 52:596-9. 2011..The aim of this pilot study was to compare suicide-related traits between subjects with FES and those with other psychopathologies to evaluate risk factors for suicidal behavior...
- Effectiveness and safety of citalopram in hospitalized adolescents with major depression: a preliminary, 8-week, fixed-dose, open-label, prospective studyGal Shoval
Adolescent Day Unit, Geha Mental Health Center, Petach Tikva, Israel
Clin Neuropharmacol 34:182-5. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate both the efficacy and the safety of citalopram for treatment of MDD and anxiety symptoms in adolescent inpatients...
- Are names of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder more 'hyperactive'?Gal Shoval
Child and Adolescent Division, Psychiatry Department, Geha Mental Health Center, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Psychopathology 45:215-9. 2012..This study aimed to investigate the possible association between the nature of given names of children and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) diagnosis...
- QT dispersion in patients with social phobiaEitan Nahshoni
The Laboratory of Biological Psychiatry, Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Beilinson Campus, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tikva, Israel 49100
J Affect Disord 78:21-6. 2004..Further large-scale epidemiological studies are needed to determine if increased QTd can serve as a trait/state marker, and if it is a risk factor for sudden cardiac death in patients with SP...
- DRD4 exon III polymorphism and response to risperidone in Israeli adolescents with schizophrenia: a pilot pharmacogenetic studyGil Zalsman
Adolescent Inpatient Department, Geha Mental Health Center, Rabin Medical Center, Petach Tikva 49100, Israel
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 13:183-5. 2003..0/4, P=0.11). Studies in larger groups of adolescent schizophrenia patients are warranted to clarify the possible association between DRD4 exon III repeat alleles and the response to risperidone...
- The use of illicit substances in adolescent schizophrenia inpatientsGal Shoval
Adolescent Day Unit, Child and Adolescent Division, Geha Mental Health Center, Petach Tiqva, Israel
Int J Adolesc Med Health 18:643-8. 2006..The distribution of the used psychoactive substances was different in the inpatient setting. Specific prevention and treatment programs must be developed in order to cope with this crucial clinical issue in these high-risk patients...
- Attention patterns in children with attention deficit disorder with or without hyperactivityGil Zalsman
Adolescent Inpatient Unit, Geha Psychiatric Hospital, Petah Tikva, Israel
ScientificWorldJournal 3:1093-107. 2003..It is concluded that different subtypes of the attention deficit disorders are characterized by different attention profiles and that methylphenidate improves scores on test of continuous performance...
- Atypical neuroleptic malignant syndrome associated with risperidone treatment in two adolescentsGil Zalsman
Adolescence Inpatient Unit, Geha Psychiatric Hospital, Petach Tiqva, Israel
Int J Adolesc Med Health 16:179-82. 2004..We report two cases of 16 and 17 year old males, who suffered life-threatening "NMS-Like" syndromes in association with Risperidone treatment. Further controlled studies are needed...