- Neutrophil adhesion molecule expression in familial Mediterranean fever: discordance between the intravascular regulation of beta2 integrin and L-selectin expression in acute attackYair Molad
Laboratory of Inflammation Research, Rheumatology Unit, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva, Israel
J Investig Med 52:58-61. 2004....
- Maternal and fetal outcome of lupus pregnancy: a prospective study of 29 pregnanciesY Molad
Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Lupus 14:145-51. 2005..We conclude that despite high rate of obstetrical complications and postpartum lupus flare-up, pregnancy poses low risk for the majority of women with SLE...
- Constitutively increased neutrophil surface expression of beta2-integrin in Yemenite JewsYair Molad
The Laboratory for Inflammation Research, Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Petah Tikva, Israel
Inflammation 27:301-5. 2003..The study results suggest that in Yemenite Jews, circulating neutrophils display significantly increased expression of beta2-integrin molecules on their surface compared to non-Yemenite Jews...
- Heart valve calcification in young patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: a window to premature atherosclerotic vascular morbidity and a risk factor for all-cause mortalityYair Molad
Lupus Clinic, Rheumatology Unit, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqwa 49100, Israel
Atherosclerosis 185:406-12. 2006..In conclusion, MAC and AVC are prevalent among young SLE patients, positively correlate with premature diffuse atherosclerosis, and are a risk factor for subsequent all-cause mortality...
- Protective effect of hydroxychloroquine in systemic lupus erythematosus. Prospective long-term study of an Israeli cohortY Molad
Rheumatology Unit, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Lupus 11:356-61. 2002....
- Systemic lupus erythematosus and pregnancyYair Molad
Rheumatology Unit, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqwa and Internal Medicine, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 18:613-7. 2006..Pregnancy in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus is associated with a high risk of maternal disease exacerbation and adverse fetal outcome. This review summarizes recent published findings on lupus pregnancy...
- Update on colchicine and its mechanism of actionYair Molad
Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Rheumatology Unit, Petah Tikva 49100, Israel
Curr Rheumatol Rep 4:252-6. 2002..This paper discusses its adverse effects and indications...
- Primary anetoderma: a cutaneous sign of antiphospholipid antibodiesE Hodak
Department of Dermatology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Lupus 12:564-8. 2003..Hence, the work-up of these patients should include testing for LAC as well as for all different isotypes ofaCL and a(beta)2GPI. We recommend that PA be added to the list of the cutaneous manifestations of APS...
- Spontaneous retroperitoneal bleeding from renal microaneurysms and pancreatic pseudocyst in a patient with systemic lupus erythematosusN Melamed
Rheumatology Unit, Rabin Medical Centre, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Scand J Rheumatol 35:481-4. 2006....
- Surface expression of neutrophil adhesion molecules in pregnant women at risk for hypertensive complicationsJacob Bar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Perinatal Division, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Hypertens Pregnancy 22:165-72. 2003....
- Pathergy reaction in Behçet's disease: lack of correlation with mucocutaneous manifestations and systemic disease expressionI Krause
Rheumatology Unit, Rabin Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Clin Exp Rheumatol 18:71-4. 2000..Different positive pathergy reaction rates in BD have been reported worldwide. We evaluated the prevalence of the pathergy reaction in Israeli BD patients, and its relation to mucocutaneous and systemic manifestations of the disease...
- Increased ERK and JNK activities correlate with disease activity in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusY Molad
Rheumatology Unit, Beilinson Hospital, Rabin Medical Centre, Petah Tikva, Israel
Ann Rheum Dis 69:175-80. 2010..Aberrant signalling along the p21ras/MAP kinase pathway has been demonstrated in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Urinary soluble VCAM-1 in systemic lupus erythematosus: a clinical marker for monitoring disease activity and damageY Molad
Laboratory of Inflammation Research, Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Clin Exp Rheumatol 20:403-6. 2002....
- Renal outcome and vascular morbidity in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE): lack of association with the angiotensin-converting enzyme gene polymorphismY Molad
Rheumatology Unit, Schneider Children s Medical Center, Petah Tikva, Israel
Semin Arthritis Rheum 30:132-7. 2000..Because nephritis and vascular morbidity are prominent determinants of outcome in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), we studied the distribution and prognostic effect the ACE genotype might have on the outcome of SLE...
- Severe digital ischemia-a presenting symptom of malignancy-associated antiphospholipid syndromeA Grossman
Department of Internal Medicine E, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petach Tikva Israel Affiliated to Sackler Medical School, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Lupus 17:206-9. 2008..This report highlights the importance of malignancy workup in patients with severe digital ischemia associated with antiphospholipid syndrome...
- Constitutive up-regulated activity of MAP kinase is associated with down-regulated early p21Ras pathway in lymphocytes of SLE patientsMicha J Rapoport
Department of Internal Medicine C, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Israel
J Autoimmun 19:63-70. 2002..Taken together, our data demonstrate for the first time a disease associated functional defect in p21Ras signalling in lymphocytes of SLE patients...
- Immunohistologic evidence supports apoptosis, IgG deposition, and novel macrophage/fibroblast crosstalk in the pathologic cascade leading to congenital heart blockRobert M Clancy
Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10003, USA
Arthritis Rheum 50:173-82. 2004..These opsonized cardiocytes are phagocytosed by macrophages, which secrete factors inducing fibrosis...
- Methotrexate enhances the anti-inflammatory effect of CF101 via up-regulation of the A3 adenosine receptor expressionAvivit Ochaion
Can Fite BioPharma Ltd, 10 Bareket Street, Kiryat Matalon, Petah Tikva, 49170, Israel
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R169. 2006..In conclusion, the data presented here indicate that MTX induces increased A3AR expression and exhibition, thereby potentiating the inhibitory effect of CF101 and supporting combined use of these drugs to treat RA...
- Clinical evidence for utilization of the A3 adenosine receptor as a target to treat rheumatoid arthritis: data from a phase II clinical trialMichael H Silverman
Can Fite BioPharma Ltd, Petach Tikva, Israel
J Rheumatol 35:41-8. 2008..CF101 is a highly specific orally bioavailable A3AR agonist...