- Co-morbid social phobia in schizophreniaDoron Mazeh
Abarbanel Mental Health Centre, Bar Ilan University, Israel
Int J Soc Psychiatry 55:198-202. 2009..The co-morbid occurrence of anxiety disorders and schizophrenia has recently begun to be investigated. Social anxiety may be especially important to diagnose and manage among patients with schizophrenia...
- A randomized, single-blind, comparison of venlafaxine with paroxetine in elderly patients suffering from resistant depressionDoron Mazeh
Abarbanel Mental Health Center, Bat Yam, Israel
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 22:371-5. 2007..Elderly depressed patients resistant to previous treatments had responded to a trial of paroxetine or venlafaxine. Remission rates were higher for venlafaxine and tolerability was acceptable for both compounds...
- Donepezil for negative signs in elderly patients with schizophrenia: an add-on, double-blind, crossover, placebo-controlled studyD Mazeh
Psychogeriatric Ward, Abarbanel Mental Health Center, Bat Yam and the Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Int Psychogeriatr 18:429-36. 2006..Donepezil inhibits cholinesterase, thus enhancing cholinergic neurotransmission. We tested the efficacy of donepezil in elderly patients with chronic schizophrenia and severe cognitive impairment...
- Patients with very-late-onset schizophrenia-like psychosis: a follow-up studyDoron Mazeh
Psychogeriatric Dept, Abarbanel Mental Health Center, 15 KKL Street, Bat Yam, 59100, Israel
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 13:417-9. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the course of clinical symptoms and functional status of patients with VLOSLP in comparison with patients with life-long schizophrenia...
- Venlafaxine for the treatment of depressive episode during the course of schizophreniaDoron Mazeh
Abarbanel Mental Health Center, Bat Yam and Sackler Scl Med, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Clin Psychopharmacol 24:653-5. 2004..In most patients, there was a parallel decrease in psychotic symptoms. We conclude that venlafaxine may have a role in the treatment of depression in patients with schizophrenia without causing exacerbation of psychosis...
- Emergency psychiatry: Treatment of referred psychiatric patients by general hospital emergency department physiciansDoron Mazeh
Psychogeriatric Ward, Abarbanel Mental Health Center, 15 Keren Kayemet Street, Bat-Yam 59100, Israel
Psychiatr Serv 54:1221-2, 1225. 2003
- Quetiapine treatment for behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia in Alzheimer's disease patients: a 6-week, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyD Paleacu
Neurology Service and Memory Clinic, Abarbanel Mental Health Center, Bat Yam, Israel
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 23:393-400. 2008..Quetiapine is an atypical antipsychotic agent that warrants further investigation...
- Cardiac and cerebrovascular morbidity and mortality associated with antipsychotic medications in elderly psychiatric inpatientsYoram Barak
Abarbanel Mental Health Center, Bat Yam, Israel
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 15:354-6. 2007..To evaluate the rate of adverse medical outcomes for elderly exposed to antipsychotic treatment...
- Elderly psychiatric patients at risk of folic acid deficiency: a case controlled studyD Mazeh
Abarbanel Mental Health Center, Psychogeriatric Department, 15 KKL Street, 59100 Bat-Yam, Israel
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 41:297-302. 2005..3 years, 33% were diagnosed as suffering from dementia, 24% were suffering from depression and 57% were living alone. We conclude that we could not find any "characteristic" of elderly subjects at risk of folic acid deficiency...
- Very late-onset schizophrenia-like psychosis: clinical and imaging characteristics in comparison with elderly patients with schizophreniaYoram Barak
Psychogeriatric Department, Abarbanel Mental Health Center, 15 KKL Street, Bat-Yam 59100, Israel
J Nerv Ment Dis 190:733-6. 2002..The authors suggest that VLOSLP is a valid diagnostic entity and that its features imply that involvement of neurodegenerative process may be etiologically relevant to psychosis with onset in late life...
- Intramuscular ziprasidone treatment of acute psychotic agitation in elderly patients with schizophreniaYoram Barak
Abarbanel Mental Health Center, Bat-Yam, Israel
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 14:629-33. 2006..001). CONCLUSION: Intramuscular ziprasidone in this series of elderly patients suggests acceptable safety and efficacy in the management of acute psychotic agitation among elderly patients with schizophrenia...
- Donepezil for the treatment of behavioral symptoms in patients with Alzheimer's diseaseDiana Paleacu
Neurological Service and Memory Clinic, Abarbanel Mental Health Center, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Bat Yam, Israel
Clin Neuropharmacol 25:313-7. 2002..Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors should be considered for the treatment of BPSD before neuroleptic treatment is instituted in AD patients with low levels of irritability and agitation...
- Quetiapine for elderly non-responsive schizophrenia patientsDoron Mazeh
Abarbanel Mental Health Center, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Psychiatry Res 157:265-7. 2008..Four patients discontinued treatment due to clinical exacerbation or sedation. There was no increase in abnormal movements or body weight...
- Itching in the psychiatric wardDoron Mazeh
Abarbanel Mental Health Center, Bat Yam, Tel Aviv University Tel Aviv, Israel
Acta Derm Venereol 88:128-31. 2008..Thirty-six patients (32% of those screened) reported itching. Few sought help or used anti-pruritic therapy. Itching should be addressed during psychiatric assessments, in order to provide appropriate treatment...
- Donepezil for the treatment of a schizophrenia patient with frontal lobotomyDoron Mazeh
J Clin Psychopharmacol 23:522. 2003
- D2 antagonist augmentation in patients with a partial response to atypical antipsychoticsDoron Mazeh
Can J Psychiatry 49:281-2. 2004