- Familial expressed emotion: outcome and course of Israeli patients with schizophreniaSofi Marom
Anxiety Disorders Unit, Geha Mental Health Center, Petach Tikva, Israel
Schizophr Bull 28:731-43. 2002..Criticism appears to be the crucial EE component linked with short-term outcome. Treatment aimed at reducing high criticism is warranted. The FMSS appears to have predictive validity...
- Cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) in anxiety disordersSofi Marom
Geha Mental Health Center, CBT, Anxiety Disorders Unit, Petach Tikva, Israel
Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci 40:135-44. 2003..The review emphasizes the efficiency of the use of CBT as a psychotherapeutic method in anxiety disorders. Finally, it points to the lack of the use of CBT in Israel and recommends its wide use in the mental health service here...
- Expressed emotion: relevance to rehospitalization in schizophrenia over 7 yearsSofi Marom
Geha Mental Health Center, P O Box 102, Petah Tikva 49100, Israel
Schizophr Bull 31:751-8. 2005..The FMSS appears to have predictive power in respect to psychiatric hospitalization. Therapies aimed at lowering high EE seem warranted as a long-term preventive approach...
- Musical hallucinations: prevalence in psychotic and nonpsychotic outpatientsHaggai Hermesh
Outpatient Department, Geha Mental Health Center, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petach Tiqva 49100, Israel
J Clin Psychiatry 65:191-7. 2004..CONCLUSION: Musical hallucinations are more common among psychiatric patients than previously reported and are more suggestive of OCD than of other mental disorders...
- Alteration learning in social anxiety disorder: an fMRI studyRuth Gross-Isseroff
Geha Mental Health Center, Petach Tikva, Israel
World J Biol Psychiatry 11:352-6. 2010..This study supports the involvement of the orbitofrontal cortex in emotion and cognitive regulation in SAD...
- Impact of depression on treatment effectiveness and gains maintenance in social phobia: a naturalistic study of cognitive behavior group therapySofi Marom
Anxiety Disorders and Behavior Therapy Unit, Outpatient Department, Geha Mental Health Center, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Depress Anxiety 26:289-300. 2009..The impact of depression on cognitive behavioral group therapy (CBGT) for social phobia (SP) in a naturalistic outpatient setting was examined after treatment termination and at 1-year follow-up...
- Psychometric properties and three proposed subscales of a self-report version of the Liebowitz Social Anxiety Scale translated into HebrewJennifer B Levin
Anxiety Disorders and Behavior Therapy Unit, Geha Psychiatric Hospital, Petah Tikva Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Depress Anxiety 16:143-51. 2002..The three new subscales identified by MDS appear to provide clinically relevant information that relates to both demographic and treatment outcome variables and warrant further study...
- Social phobia symptoms: prevalence, sociodemographic correlates, and overlap with specific phobia symptomsIulian Iancu
The Mental Health Department, Medical Headquarters, Israel Defense Forces, Beer Yaakov 2149, Israel
Compr Psychiatry 47:399-405. 2006..The present study aimed to assess the prevalence of SP symptoms in a nonclinical sample of Israeli adolescents, to characterize sociodemographic correlates of SP symptoms and to evaluate comorbidity with specific phobia symptoms...