- ADHD, temperament, and parental style as predictors of the child's attachment patternsRicky Finzi-Dottan
School of Social Work, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 37:103-14. 2006....
- The effect of phosphatidylserine containing Omega3 fatty-acids on attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder symptoms in children: a double-blind placebo-controlled trial, followed by an open-label extensionI Manor
ADHD Unit, Geha Mental Health Center, Petach Tiqva, Israel
Eur Psychiatry 27:335-42. 2012..To study the efficacy and safety of phosphatidylserine (PS) containing Omega3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids attached to its backbone (PS-Omega3) in reducing attention-deficit/ hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) symptoms in children...
- The impact of study design and diagnostic approach in a large multi-centre ADHD study: Part 2: Dimensional measures of psychopathology and intelligenceUeli C Muller
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Psychiatry 11:55. 2011..In particular, to investigate the influence of age, gender, family status (proband vs. sibling), informant, and centres on sample homogeneity in psychopathological measures...
- The impact of study design and diagnostic approach in a large multi-centre ADHD study. Part 1: ADHD symptom patternsUeli C Muller
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Psychiatry 11:54. 2011..A particular focus was on the effects of the study design and the diagnostic procedure on the homogeneity of the sample in terms of symptom-based behavioural data, and potential consequences for further analyses based on these data...
- When does it end? Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in the middle aged and older populationsIris Manor
Geha Mental Health Center, Petah Tikva, Israel
Clin Neuropharmacol 34:148-54. 2011..In recent years, more and more middle-aged and older adults (>55 years) turn to the ADHD unit at Geha Mental Health Center suspecting ADHD. Yet, a literature search resulted in very few relevant studies...
- Objective versus subjective assessment of methylphenidate responseIris Manor
ADHD Unit, Geha Mental Health Center, P O Box 102, Petach Tikva, 49100, Israel
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 39:273-82. 2008..326, p < 0.001). We thus conclude that subjective reports are too unreliable to be used in order to assess MPH benefit in ADHD pediatric populations...
- Association between tryptophan hydroxylase 2, performance on a continuance performance test and response to methylphenidate in ADHD participantsIris Manor
ADHD Unit, Geha Mental Health Center Petach Tikva, Israel
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 147:1501-8. 2008..Importantly, improvement in T.O.V.A. performance, especially on Response Time Variability, following methylphenidate was also associated with TPH2...
- Efficacy of metadoxine extended release in patients with predominantly inattentive subtype attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderIris Manor
Geha Mental Health Center, Petach Tikva, Israel Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Postgrad Med 125:181-90. 2013....
- Effectiveness and safety of citalopram in hospitalized adolescents with major depression: a preliminary, 8-week, fixed-dose, open-label, prospective studyGal Shoval
Adolescent Day Unit, Geha Mental Health Center, Petach Tikva, Israel
Clin Neuropharmacol 34:182-5. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate both the efficacy and the safety of citalopram for treatment of MDD and anxiety symptoms in adolescent inpatients...
- Suicidal behavior and related traits among inpatient adolescents with first-episode schizophreniaGal Shoval
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Geha Psychiatric Hospital, Petah Tikva, Israel
Compr Psychiatry 52:596-9. 2011..The aim of this pilot study was to compare suicide-related traits between subjects with FES and those with other psychopathologies to evaluate risk factors for suicidal behavior...
- Are names of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder more 'hyperactive'?Gal Shoval
Child and Adolescent Division, Psychiatry Department, Geha Mental Health Center, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Psychopathology 45:215-9. 2012..This study aimed to investigate the possible association between the nature of given names of children and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) diagnosis...
- [Disorders of socialization in children and adolescents]Yael Brukner
Child and Adolescent Division, Geha Mental Health Center, Petah Tikva and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv
Harefuah 148:104-8, 139. 2009....
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter study evaluating the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of extended-release metadoxine in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderIris Manor
Geha Mental Health Center, Petach Tikva, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Clin Psychiatry 73:1517-23. 2012..To evaluate the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of an oral extended-release (ER) formulation of the nonstimulant metadoxine in the treatment of adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- [The difficult child syndrome]Gal Shoval
Geha Mental Health Center, Petah Tikva
Harefuah 144:29-33, 70. 2005..These disorders are very prevalent and have long-term consequences on the process of development of the child. Acquaintance with the disorders, early diagnosis and treatment can prevent complications and improve the prognosis...
- Association of the dopamine D5 receptor with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and scores on a continuous performance test (TOVA)Iris Manor
ADHD Unit, Geha Mental Health Center, Petach Tiqva, and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 127:73-7. 2004..Provisional results in this single investigation suggest that the DRD5 microsatellite also affects performance scores on the TOVA...
- The wish to die and the wish to commit suicide in the adolescent: two different matters?Iris Manor
Geha Mental Health Center, Petach Tikva, Israel
Adolescence 39:279-93. 2004..Therefore, they should be evaluated separately in order to better understand differences between suicidal and other aggressive acts and manifestations of the death wish during adolescence...
- Partial replication of a DRD4 association in ADHD individuals using a statistically derived quantitative trait for ADHD in a family-based association testJessica Lasky-Su
Department of Psychiatry, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
Biol Psychiatry 62:985-90. 2007..We sought to replicate this finding by using the same methodology in an independent sample of ADHD individuals...
- Confirmation that a specific haplotype of the dopamine transporter gene is associated with combined-type ADHDPhilip Asherson
MRC Social Genetic Developmental and Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, London, SE5 8AF UK
Am J Psychiatry 164:674-7. 2007....
- Reaction time performance in ADHD: improvement under fast-incentive condition and familial effectsPenny Andreou
MRC Social, Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
Psychol Med 37:1703-15. 2007..Using a group familial correlation approach, we tested the hypothesis that there are shared familial effects on RT performance and ADHD...
- Intelligence in DSM-IV combined type attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder is not predicted by either dopamine receptor/transporter genes or other previously identified risk alleles for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderEdmund J S Sonuga-Barke
School of Psychology, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 147:316-9. 2008..We also observed no association of other SNPs with IQ in ADHD...
- Population differences in the International Multi-Centre ADHD Gene ProjectBenjamin M Neale
MRC Social Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
Genet Epidemiol 32:98-107. 2008..Any case-control sample employing an Israeli sample with Northern Europeans must consider stratification. A Northern European tag set, however, appears to be appropriate for capturing the variation across populations...
- Joint analysis of the DRD5 marker concludes association with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder confined to the predominantly inattentive and combined subtypesNaomi Lowe
Department of Genetics, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
Am J Hum Genet 74:348-56. 2004..The joint analysis showed association with the DRD5 locus (P=.00005; odds ratio 1.24; 95% confidence interval 1.12-1.38). This association appears to be confined to the predominantly inattentive and combined clinical subtypes...