- Nebulized 3% hypertonic saline solution treatment in hospitalized infants with viral bronchiolitisAvigdor Mandelberg
Pediatric Pulmonary Unit, The Edith Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Chest 123:481-7. 2003..To determine the utility of inhaled hypertonic saline solution to treat infants hospitalized with viral bronchiolitis...
- Salbutamol metered-dose inhaler with spacer for hyperkalemia: how fast? How safe?A Mandelberg
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, The Edith Wolfson Medical Center, Hulon, Israel
Chest 115:617-22. 1999..To determine the efficacy of inhaled salbutamol (rapidly delivered, using a metered-dose inhaler with a spacer device [MDI-S]) in lowering the serum potassium levels in patients with hyperkalemia...
- Is nebulized aerosol treatment necessary in the pediatric emergency department?A Mandelberg
Pediatric Pulmonary Unit, Edith Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Chest 117:1309-13. 2000..Infants and small children admitted to the pediatric emergency department (PED) with acute wheezing episodes (AWE) are currently treated with nebulized wet aerosol (NWA)...
- Lipopolysaccharide hyporesponsiveness as a risk factor for intensive care unit hospitalization in infants with respiratory syncitial virus bronchiolitisA Mandelberg
Pediatric Pulmonary Unit, Pediatric Department, Pediatric Critical Care Unit, The Edith Wolfson Medical Centre, Holon, Israel
Clin Exp Immunol 144:48-52. 2006..A certain threshold of LPS hyporesponsiveness may have a very high negative predictive value for ICU hospitalization, even better than the determination of known TLR4 mutations for this purpose...
- Hypertonic saline/epinephrine treatment in hospitalized infants with viral bronchiolitis reduces hospitalization stay: 2 years experienceGuy Tal
Pediatric Pulmonary Unit, Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 8:169-73. 2006..We recently published preliminary evidence on the effectiveness of hypertonic saline in infants with viral bronchiolitis...
- Nebulized 3% hypertonic saline solution treatment in ambulatory children with viral bronchiolitis decreases symptomsE Michael Sarrell
Pediatrics and Adolescent Ambulatory Community Clinic of General Health Services, The Edith Wolfson Medical Center, 62 Halochamim Street, Holon 58100, Israel
Chest 122:2015-20. 2002..To determine the utility of inhaled hypertonic saline solution to treat ambulatory infants with viral bronchiolitis...
- Association between common Toll-like receptor 4 mutations and severe respiratory syncytial virus diseaseGuy Tal
Pediatric Pulmonary Unit, Edith Wolfson Medical Center, Tel Aviv University, Holon, Israel
J Infect Dis 189:2057-63. 2004..Thus, it is likely that factors such as genetic heterogeneity contribute to disease severity. Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) and CD14 are part of a receptor complex involved in the innate immune response to RSV...
- Hypertonic saline and acute wheezing in preschool childrenDorit Ater
Pediatric Pulmonary Unit, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Pediatrics 129:e1397-403. 2012..These preschool children do not respond well to available treatments, even oral steroids. This calls for pro-mucus clearance and prohydration treatments such as hypertonic saline in wheezing preschool children...
- Epidemiologic, socioeconomic, and clinical factors associated with severity of respiratory syncytial virus infection in previously healthy infantsRaz Somech
Department of Pediatrics, Dana Children s Hospital, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 45:621-7. 2006..Our results emphasize the complexity of predicting disease severity in previously healthy infants with RSV infection and suggest that other parameters such as host genetic background might explain the clinical variability...
- Compliance of primary care doctors with asthma guidelines and related education programs: the employment factorE Michael Sarrell
Pediatric and Adolescent Ambulatory Community Clinic Klaht Health Services, Petah Tigva, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 4:403-6. 2002..Primary care physicians' adherence to accepted asthma guidelines is necessary for the proper care of asthma patients...
- Redesigned face mask improves "real life" aerosol delivery for NebuchamberIsrael Amirav
Pediatric Department, Sieff Hospital, Safed, Israel
Pediatr Pulmonol 37:172-7. 2004..The newly developed RD for the Nebuchamber proved to be considerably more efficient than the SM for aerosol delivery to young children. Patient-related factors may be more important with respect to the variability observed...
- Massive pulmonary emboli in children: does fiber-optic-guided embolectomy have a role? Review of the literature and report of two casesZeev Motti Eini
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Edith Wolfson Medical Center, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Chest 143:544-9. 2013..In this article, we describe two pediatric patients who underwent fiber-optic-guided surgical pulmonary embolectomy. To our knowledge, this technique has never been reported in the pediatric population...
- Primary mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the trachea in a childMichael Papiashvilli
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Edith Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, affiliated to the Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 15:311-2. 2012..A complete resection of the tumour with reconstruction and end-to-end anastomosis of the trachea was performed. The patient is now, 24 months after surgery, free of disease...
- Cytokine profile in cerebrospinal fluid of children with echovirus type 4 meningitisIlan Dalal
Pediatric Infectious Allergy Immunology Unit, E Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Pediatr Neurol 29:312-6. 2003..Interleukin-6 was the most sensitive and specific characteristic in predicting meningitis in this homogeneous group of patients. Furthermore, only interleukin-6 correlated with leukocyte counts in the cerebrospinal fluid...
- Severity of acid gastroesophageal reflux assessed by pH metry: is it associated with respiratory disease?Arkadi Gorenstein
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Edith Wolfson Medical Center, Holon 58100, Israel
Pediatr Pulmonol 36:330-4. 2003..In conclusion, the presence of RD in pediatric patients with silent GER is related to longer esophageal clearance, but is not related to severity of reflux...
- Aerosol delivery in respiratory syncytial virus bronchiolitis: hood or face mask?Israel Amirav
Department of Pediatrics, Sieff Government Hospital, Safed, Israel
J Pediatr 147:627-31. 2005..To compare the utility of the hood versus the face mask for delivery of inhaled medications to infants hospitalized with viral bronchiolitis...
- The Inhaled Steroid Treatment As Regular Therapy in Early Asthma (START) study 5-year follow-up: effectiveness of early intervention with budesonide in mild persistent asthmaWilliam W Busse
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, J5 219 CSC, Box 2454, 600 Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:1167-74. 2008....