- Acute hepatitis C in Israel: a predominantly iatrogenic disease?Yoav Lurie
Liver Disease Unit, Gastroenterology Institute, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:158-64. 2007..The aim of this study was to examine transmission routes and clinical characteristics in a group of patients with acute hepatitis C in Israel...
- Celiac disease diagnosed in the elderlyYoav Lurie
Liver Disease Unit, Gastroenterology Institue, Tel Aviv Sorasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Clin Gastroenterol 42:59-61. 2008..Nevertheless, CD is still underdiagnosed in elderly patients. In this study, we describe a case series of CD patients diagnosed after the age of 60...
- Long-term effects of treatment and response in patients with chronic hepatitis C on quality of life. An international, multicenter, randomized, controlled studyGeert Bezemer
Dpt, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Gastroenterol 12:11. 2012..HRQL improves after successful treatment. This trial explores the course of and factors associated with HRQL in patients given individualized or standard treatment based on early treatment response (Ditto-study)...
- Medex test, a novel modality for liver disease diagnosis: a pilot studyYoav Lurie
Liver Disease Unit, Gastroenterology Institute, Tel Aviv Sorasky Medical Center, Israel
J Clin Gastroenterol 41:700-5. 2007..This method is based on neuroreflexology, a branch of complementary medicine. This study addressed 2 questions: can Medex Test detect liver disease, and can it measure the severity of a known liver disease...
- A double-blind randomized placebo-controlled trial of orlistat for the treatment of nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseShira Zelber-Sagi
The Liver Unit, Department of Gastroenterology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center and the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 4:639-44. 2006..Few controlled studies have addressed the issue of effective medical treatment for nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). We herein assessed the effect of orlistat in patients with NAFLD...
- A secreted form of the asialoglycoprotein receptor, sH2a, as a novel potential noninvasive marker for liver fibrosisElena Veselkin
Department of Cell Research and Immunology, George Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
PLoS ONE 6:e27210. 2011..Here we determined and report that sH2a, present at constant levels in serum from healthy individuals is altered upon liver fibrosis, reflecting the status of hepatocyte function...
- Role of CYP2D6 polymorphism in predicting liver fibrosis progression rate in Caucasian patients with chronic hepatitis CSigal Fishman
Liver Unit, Gastroenterology Institute, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Affiliated to Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv, Israel
Liver Int 26:279-84. 2006..Previous studies have demonstrated that CYP2D6 polymorphism is associated with liver cirrhosis. The aim of the present study was to find out whether CYP2D6*4, the poor metabolizer allele can predict fibrosis progression rate...
- HCV-specific T-cell response in relation to viral kinetics and treatment outcome (DITTO-HCV project)Massimo Pilli
Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria di Parma, Parma, Italy
Gastroenterology 133:1132-43. 2007....
- Viral kinetics in genotype 1 chronic hepatitis C patients during therapy with 2 different doses of peginterferon alfa-2b plus ribavirinMaria Buti
Liver Unit, Hospital General Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Hepatology 35:930-6. 2002..Higher doses of peginterferon alfa-2b also accelerate viral clearance...
- Dynamic transperineal ultrasound in the diagnosis of pelvic floor disorders: pilot studyMarc Beer-Gabel
Department of Gastroenterology, Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot, Israel
Dis Colon Rectum 45:239-45; discussion 245-8. 2002..This pilot study assessed the feasibility of dynamic transperineal ultrasound in a range of specific disorders affecting evacuation...