- Transfer of carbapenem-resistant plasmid from Klebsiella pneumoniae ST258 to Escherichia coli in patientMoran G Goren
Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
Emerg Infect Dis 16:1014-7. 2010..The KPC-3 plasmid was identical in isolates of both species. The patient's gut flora contained a carbapenem-susceptible E. coli strain isogenic with the KPC-3-producing isolate, which suggests horizontal interspecies plasmid transfer...
- First report on a hyperepidemic clone of KPC-3-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae in Israel genetically related to a strain causing outbreaks in the United StatesShiri Navon-Venezia
Division of Epidemiology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Israel
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:818-20. 2009..The threat of the global spread of hyperepidemic, extensively drug-resistant bacterial strains should be recognized and confronted...
- Dissemination of the CTX-M-25 family beta-lactamases among Klebsiella pneumoniae, Escherichia coli and Enterobacter cloacae and identification of the novel enzyme CTX-M-41 in Proteus mirabilis in IsraelShiri Navon-Venezia
Division of Epidemiology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Antimicrob Chemother 62:289-95. 2008..We aimed to describe the occurrence and to understand the dissemination of this extended-spectrum beta-lactamase family among Enterobacteriaceae strains in our hospital...
- High tigecycline resistance in multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumanniiShiri Navon-Venezia
The Laboratory for Molecular Epidemiology and Antibiotic Research, Department of Epidemiology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Antimicrob Chemother 59:772-4. 2007..We aimed to evaluate the in vitro activity of tigecycline against MDR A. baumannii clones isolated before tigecycline was used in our institution...
- Plasmid-mediated imipenem-hydrolyzing enzyme KPC-2 among multiple carbapenem-resistant Escherichia coli clones in IsraelShiri Navon-Venezia
Division of Epidemiology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:3098-101. 2006..This is the first discovery of KPC-2 in E. coli and the first report of this enzyme originating outside the United States...
- Evaluation of an accelerated protocol for detection of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing gram-negative bacilli from positive blood culturesShiri Navon-Venezia
Molecular Epidemiology Laboratory, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, 6 Weizman St, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
J Clin Microbiol 43:439-41. 2005..Results of the direct ESBL testing were reported 2.3 days sooner and were comparable to those of the standard NCCLS method with sensitivity, specificity, and positive and negative predictive values of 100, 98, 94, and 100%, respectively...
- Protocol for the accelerated detection of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli and Klebsiella pneumoniae strains from blood culturesS Navon-Venezia
Laboratory for Molecular Epidemiology and Antimicrobial Resistance, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, 6 Weizmann Street, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 23:200-2. 2004..Use of this accelerated protocol may speed detection of the ESBL phenotype and thereby facilitate the early administration of appropriate antimicrobial therapy...
- Failure of broth-based tests to detect methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in a clinical specimenM J Schwaber
Division of Epidemiology and Laboratories of Molecular Epidemiology and Microbiology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, 6 Weizmann St, Tel Aviv, 64239, Israel
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 23:348-51. 2004
- Influx of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing enterobacteriaceae into the hospitalR Ben-Ami
Department of Infectious Diseases, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Clin Infect Dis 42:925-34. 2006..The influx of these bacteria into hospitals has major implications for infection-control and empirical treatment strategies...
- Prevalence and genetic relatedness of community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in IsraelG Regev-Yochay
Infectious Diseases Unit, Sheba Medical Center, Ramat Gan, Israel
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 25:719-22. 2006..Isolates were negative for pvl and were classified as ST-45-MRSA. Although CA-MRSA is still rare in Israel, the genetic relatedness of the strains found in this study to a successful MSSA clone warrants close follow up...
- A candidate prostate cancer susceptibility gene at chromosome 17pS V Tavtigian
Myriad Genetics, Inc, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Nat Genet 27:172-80. 2001....