- Novel mechanism whereby nuclear factor kappaB mediates DNA damage repair through regulation of O(6)-methylguanine-DNA-methyltransferaseIris Lavon
Leslie and Michael Gaffin Center for Neuro Oncology, Department of Neurology, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Cancer Res 67:8952-9. 2007..The findings of our study strongly suggest that NF-kappaB plays a major role in MGMT regulation and that MGMT is most probably the major player in NF-kappaB-mediated chemoresistance to alkylating agents...
- Progressive low-grade oligodendrogliomas: response to temozolomide and correlation between genetic profile and O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase protein expressionNetta Levin
Leslie and Michael Gaffin Center for Neuro Oncology, Hadassah Hebrew University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel imbar
Cancer 106:1759-65. 2006..However, to the authors' knowledge, limited data are available regarding the 1p/19q profile and its correlation with MGMT protein expression and response to treatment with DNA-alkylating drugs...
- Longitudinal assessment of genetic and epigenetic markers in oligodendrogliomasIris Lavon
Leslie and Michael Gaffin Center for Neuro Oncology, Sharett Institute of Oncology, Hadassah Hebrew University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
Clin Cancer Res 13:1429-37. 2007..Because little is known about the evolution of genetic and epigenetic changes that occur during tumor progression in oligodendrogliomas, we evaluated these changes in paired early and progressive oligodendrogliomas...
- A novel synthetic cannabinoid derivative inhibits inflammatory liver damage via negative cytokine regulationIris Lavon
Pharmos Ltd, Kiryat Weizmann, Bld 13b, Rehovot 76326, Israel
Mol Pharmacol 64:1334-41. 2003..These findings suggest that this cannabinoid derivative is an immunomodulator that could be developed as a potential drug for hepatitis as well as for other short- or long-term inflammatory diseases...
- Anti-inflammatory properties of cholinergic up-regulation: A new role for acetylcholinesterase inhibitorsEran Nizri
Laboratory of Neuroimmunology, Department of Neurology, The Agnes Ginges Center for Human Neurogenetics, Hadassah-Hebrew University Medical Center, P.O. Box 12000, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Neuropharmacology 50:540-7. 2006..They also emphasize the importance of cholinergic balance in neurological disorders, such as Alzheimer's disease and myasthenia gravis, in which these drugs are used...