- Family history of breast cancer and compliance with mammography in Israel: findings of the National Health Survey 2003-2004 (EUROHIS)Lital Keinan-Boker
Israel Center for Disease Control, Ministry of Health, Gertner Institute, Tel Hashomer, Ramat Gan, Israel
Eur J Cancer Prev 16:43-9. 2007..Over 60% and around 55% of high-risk women aged 40-49 and > or =50 years, respectively, are inadequately screened for breast cancer. Screening rates are not optimal in the average-risk group as well...
- Overweight and obesity prevalence in Israel: findings of the first national health and nutrition survey (MABAT)Lital Keinan-Boker
Israel Center for Disease Control, Ministry of Health, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 7:219-23. 2005..The prevalence of obesity has increased considerably in many countries in recent decades...
- Prevalence and correlates of hormonal therapy among Israeli women in the post-WHI eraLital Keinan-Boker
Israel Center for Disease Control, Ministry of Health, Gertner Institute, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Ramat Gan 52621, Israel
Maturitas 52:364-73. 2005..The aim of the study is to assess the prevalence and the correlates of HT use in Israel in 2003...
- BMI may overestimate the prevalence of obesity among women of lower socioeconomic statusDorit Nitzan Kaluski
Public Health Services, Israeli Center for Disease Control, Ministry of Health, Gertner Institute, Sheba Medical Center, Israel 52621
Obesity (Silver Spring) 15:1808-15. 2007..Our objective was to examine gender differences in height and weight associated with socioeconomic status (SES) and the consequent effect on body mass index in a multiethnic society...
- Pregnancy-associated breast cancerLital Keinan-Boker
Israel Center for Disease Control, Ministry of Health, Sheba Medical Center of Health Policy Research, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 10:722-7. 2008..Women treated with fertility treatment drugs may be at a higher risk for PABC as well...
- Effect of elevated basal insulin on cancer incidence and mortality in cancer incident patients: the Israel GOH 29-year follow-up studyRachel Dankner
Unit of Cardiovascular Epidemiology, The Gertner Institute for Epidemiology and Health Policy Research, Ramat Gan, Israel
Diabetes Care 35:1538-43. 2012..Recent evidence has suggested that some treatments for diabetes are associated with an increased cancer risk. Less is known about the association between endogenous insulin in the prediabetes state and cancer risk...
- [The involuntary hospitalized psychiatric patient, present-but-missing]Mordechai Mark
Israel Center for Disease Control, Ministry of Health
Harefuah 146:618-22, 645. 2007..However, if patients' rights are not appropriately kept, public safety may well be compromised, as well as patients' rights...
- Performance of breast cancer early detection in arab women in Israel--room for improvementLital Keinan-Boker
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 15:542-5. 2006
- Prospective study on usual dietary phytoestrogen intake and cardiovascular disease risk in Western womenYvonne T van der Schouw
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, Room Str 6 131, PO Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, Netherlands
Circulation 111:465-71. 2005..We investigated whether habitual low phytoestrogen intake is associated with manifest cardiovascular disease risk...
- Plasma phytoestrogens and subsequent breast cancer riskMartijn Verheus
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 25:648-55. 2007..We investigated the association between plasma phytoestrogen levels and breast cancer risk in a prospective manner...
- Dietary determinants of circulating insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I and IGF binding proteins 1, -2 and -3 in women in the NetherlandsAlina Vrieling
Division of Experimental Therapy, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Causes Control 15:787-96. 2004..Alcohol was inversely, and some measures of phytoestrogen intake were positively associated with plasma IGFBP-1 or -2 concentrations. The roles of IGFBP-1 and -2 in relation to IGF-I bioactivity and cancer deserve further investigation...
- Association between consumption of Herbalife nutritional supplements and acute hepatotoxicityEran Elinav
Liver Unit, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Ein Kerem, P O Box 12000, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Hepatol 47:514-20. 2007..Nutritional supplements are frequently considered to be harmless but indiscriminate use of unlabelled ingredients may lead to significant adverse reactions...
- Dietary phytoestrogens and breast cancer riskLital Keinan-Boker
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center, Utrecht, Netherlands
Am J Clin Nutr 79:282-8. 2004..0 (95% CI: 0.7, 1.5) and 0.7 (0.5, 1.1), respectively. Tests for trend were nonsignificant. CONCLUSION: In Western populations, a high intake of isoflavones or mammalian lignans is not significantly related to breast cancer risk...
- Long term consequences of the 1944-1945 Dutch famine on the insulin-like growth factor axisSjoerd G Elias
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Int J Cancer 108:628-30. 2004..These results are opposite to immediate responses seen under starvation and we hypothesize that this could indicate a permanent overshoot upon improvement of nutritional status after the famine...
- Circulating levels of insulin-like growth factor I, its binding proteins -1,-2, -3, C-peptide and risk of postmenopausal breast cancerLital Keinan-Boker
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht UMCU, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Int J Cancer 106:90-5. 2003..7; 3.5), for C-peptide, 1.3 (0.7; 2.7) and for IGF-I/IGFBP-3 ratio, 1.0 (0.5; 1.8). Our data do not support an association between postmenopausal circulating levels of IGF-I, IGFBP-1, -2, -3, C-peptide and postmenopausal breast cancer...