- The effect of injections of botulinum toxin type A combined with casting on the equinus gait of children with cerebral palsyS Hayek
Department of Paediatric Orthopaedics, Dana Children s Hospital, Tel Aviv Medical Centre, 6 Weizmann Street, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
J Bone Joint Surg Br 92:1152-9. 2010..We recommend the use of inhibitory casting whenever augmentation of the effect of treatment with BoNT-A is needed...
- The effect of community-prescribed ankle-foot orthoses on gait parameters in children with spastic cerebral palsyShlomo Hayek
Department of Pediatric Orthopaedics, Dana Children s Hospital, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, 6 Weizmann Street, Tel Aviv, 64239, Israel
J Child Orthop 1:325-32. 2007..To evaluate the efficacy of ankle foot orthoses (AFOs) prescribed in the community for children with cerebral palsy (CP)...
- Atypical mycobacterial granulomatous epiphyseal osteomyelitis in an immunocompetent childShlomo Hayek
Department of Pediatric Orthopaedics, Dana Children s Hospital, Tel Aviv Medical Center, Israel
J Pediatr Orthop B 12:151-4. 2003..We present a case of atypical mycobacterial osteomyelitis affecting the distal femoral epiphysis in an immunocompetent 10-year-old child. The diagnosis in this case was made by the use of the polymerase chain reaction assay...
- Bilateral symmetric stress fractures in a toddlerD Keret
Department of Pediatric Orthopedics, Dana Children's Hospital, Tel-Aviv Medical Center, 6 Weizman, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Pediatr Orthop B 10:73-7. 2001..This entity may cause a diagnostic problem as it must be differentiated from infectious disease, acute trauma or even from the result of a battered child...
- Primary chronic sclerosing (GarrÃ©'s) osteomyelitis in childrenE Segev
Department of Pediatric Orthopaedics, Dana Children's Hospital, Tel-Aviv, Israel
J Pediatr Orthop B 10:360-4. 2001..It is not clear whether GarrÃ©'s chronic sclerosing osteomyelitis is a different entity from chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyelitis...
- Primary subacute epiphyseal osteomyelitis: role of conservative treatmentEli Ezra
Department of Pediatric Orthopedics, Dana Children s Hospital, Tel Aviv Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Pediatr Orthop 22:333-7. 2002..Surgery should be reserved for persistent infection that does not respond to appropriate antibiotic therapy or when bone lesions cannot be distinguished from bone tumors by use of all available imaging modalities...
- Early experience with the Ponseti method for the treatment of congenital idiopathic clubfootEitan Segev
Department of Pediatric Orthopedics, Dana Children s Hospital, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 7:307-10. 2005..The preferred conservative treatment for congenital idiopathic clubfoot deformity remains a controversial issue...
- Adjustable bracing technique for the prevention of knee flexion contracture during tibial lengtheningEitan Segev
Department of Pediatric Orthopedics, Dana Children s Hospital, Tel Aviv Medical Center, 6 Weizmann Str, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
J Pediatr Orthop 23:385-6. 2003..The brace is strapped to the thigh and connected to the Ilizarov frame via two simple hinges. While in the brace the knee can be mobilized for physiotherapy and locked in extension during rest...
- Epiphyseal involvement of simple bone cystsDror Ovadia
Department of Pediatric Orthopaedics, Dana Children s Hospital, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Pediatr Orthop 23:222-9. 2003..After percutaneous grafting of autologous bone marrow, three of seven cysts healed and the others attained incomplete healing. Epiphyseal involvement of SBC should be considered a more aggressive form of an active lesion...
- Asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic hyperCKemia: histopathologic correlatesRon Dabby
Department of Neurology, Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 8:110-3. 2006..It is still unresolved whether extensive investigations and specifically a muscle biopsy should be performed in clinically normal individuals with elevated CK levels...