- Increased warfarin doses and decreased international normalized ratio response after nationwide generic switchingHillel Halkin
Maccabi Healthcare Services and Tel Aviv University School of Medicine, Israel
Clin Pharmacol Ther 74:215-21. 2003..Our objective was to examine possible changes in the effectiveness of warfarin after a nationwide generic substitution of formulations in 1998...
- 10 years of oral anticoagulant pharmacogenomics: what difference will it make? A critical appraisalDaniel Kurnik
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Ramat Gan 52621, Israel
Pharmacogenomics 10:1955-65. 2009..In the interim, enthusiasm for warfarin pharmacogenetics should not supersede strict adherence to traditional measures used to optimize coumarin anticoagulation...
- Impact of pre-treatment INR level on the effect of intravenous low dose vitamin K in patients with excessive anticoagulationAharon Lubetsky
Department of Medicine Anticoagulation Clinic, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Thromb Haemost 90:71-6. 2003..We conclude that INR at presentation affects the response to vitamin K and that this INR value should be considered in determining appropriate vitamin K doses...
- Hepatitis C, B, and human immunodeficiency virus infections in illicit drug users in Israel: prevalence and risk factorsRonen Loebstein
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 10:775-8. 2008..There is little information about infection rates and risk factors for hepatitis virus B, C or the human immunodeficiency virus in drug users in Israel...
- [Generic drug substitution]Orly Tamir
The Israeli Center for Technology Assessment in Health Care, The Gertner Institute for Epidemiology and Health Policy Research
Harefuah 145:691-5, 701. 2006..Although the two are in essence the same, generic substitution is occasionally a controversial matter...
- Common genetic variants of microsomal epoxide hydrolase affect warfarin dose requirements beyond the effect of cytochrome P450 2C9Ronen Loebstein
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Clin Pharmacol Ther 77:365-72. 2005....
- VKORC1 Asp36Tyr warfarin resistance marker is common in Ethiopian individualsEleni Aklillu
Blood 111:3903-4. 2008
- A coding VKORC1 Asp36Tyr polymorphism predisposes to warfarin resistanceRonen Loebstein
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, affiliated with the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Blood 109:2477-80. 2007..Asp36Tyr was common in Jewish ethnic groups of Ethiopian (15%) and Ashkenazi (4%) origin. We suggest that Asp36Tyr is a new marker of the high end of the warfarin dosing range...
- Combined genetic profiles of components and regulators of the vitamin K-dependent gamma-carboxylation system affect individual sensitivity to warfarinManuela Vecsler
Molecular Genetics Unit, Danek Gertner Institute of Human Genetics, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Thromb Haemost 95:205-11. 2006..9 (1.9-18.4) for this genotype. Compound genetic profiles comprising VKORC1, CALU and CYP2C9 improve categorization of individual warfarin dose requirements in more than 25% of patients at steady-state anticoagulation...
- Potential dosing errors using portable prothrombin time monitoring devicesRonen Loebstein
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 14:479-83. 2003..0. For both monitors, agreement of INR measurements with the standard decreases with increasing INR values...
- Over-the-counter vitamin K1-containing multivitamin supplements disrupt warfarin anticoagulation in vitamin K1-depleted patients. A prospective, controlled trialDaniel Kurnik
The Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology and Anticoagulation Clinic, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Thromb Haemost 92:1018-24. 2004..We conclude that vitamin K(1)-containing multivitamins reduce INR in patients with low vitamin K(1) status. Our study suggests that vitamin K-depleted patients are sensitive to even small changes in vitamin K(1) intake...
- Comparison of oral vs intravenous phytonadione (vitamin K1) in patients with excessive anticoagulation: a prospective randomized controlled studyAharon Lubetsky
Department of Medicine, Anticoagulation Clinic, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Arch Intern Med 163:2469-73. 2003..Our objective was to compare efficacy and safety of intravenous vs oral phytonadione treatment in patients with excessive anticoagulation without bleeding...
- Multivitamin supplements may affect warfarin anticoagulation in susceptible patientsDaniel Kurnik
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Ramat Gan, and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Ann Pharmacother 37:1603-6. 2003..To report an interaction of a multivitamin preparation containing small amounts of vitamin K(1) (25 microg) with warfarin in a case series and to assess the prevalence of vitamin K(1) deficiency in ambulatory anticoagulated patients...
- Applying an artificial neural network to warfarin maintenance dose predictionIdit Solomon
Department of Ophthalmology, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 6:732-5. 2004..The dose is adjusted empirically based on the experience of the clinician, a method that is often imprecise. There is currently no other well-accepted method for predicting the maintenance dose of warfarin...
- Complex drug-drug-disease interactions between amiodarone, warfarin, and the thyroid glandDaniel Kurnik
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Anticoagulation Clinic, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Medicine (Baltimore) 83:107-13. 2004....
- Brand versus generic alendronate: gastrointestinal effects measured by resource utilizationHillel Halkin
Chairman, Formulary Committee, Maccabi Healthcare Services, Tel Aviv, Israel Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University
Ann Pharmacother 41:29-34. 2007..Adverse reactions related to the upper gastrointestinal tract (UGIT) that are associated with generic alendronate formulations may differ from those associated with the brand drug...
- [Description of a diabetes disease register extracted from a central database]Anthony D Heymann
Maccabi Health Services Tel Aviv, Israel
Harefuah 146:15-7, 79. 2007..To describe the development of inclusion criteria for identifying diabetic patients using administrative, laboratory and pharmacy data on a large central electronic database...
- The implementation of managed care for diabetes using medical informatics in a large Preferred Provider OrganizationAnthony D Heymann
Maccabi Health Services, 27 HaMered St, Tel Aviv, Israel Tel Aviv University, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv, Israel
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 71:290-8. 2006....