Affiliation: Hadassah University Hospital
- Parent-dependent barriers to varicella immunization in Israel: the importance of adequate informationAmos Adler
Pediatric Infectious Disease Unit, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petah Tiqwa and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Acta Paediatr 96:428-31. 2007..To examine the parent-dependent barriers to varicella immunization in Israel...
- Exserohilum: an emerging human pathogenA Adler
Unit of Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Hospital Infection Control, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, 14 Kaplan Street, POB 559, Petah Tiqva, 49202, Israel
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 25:247-53. 2006..Outcome appeared to be better than for other mold infections and depended mainly on the underlying diseases...
- Outbreak of Mycobacterium mucogenicum bacteraemia due to contaminated water supply in a paediatric haematology-oncology departmentG Livni
Unit of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petach Tikva, Israel
J Hosp Infect 70:253-8. 2008..This investigation emphasises the three major factors that should be investigated in outbreaks due to a waterborne pathogen: source of the infection, water supply and infection control practices...
- Outcome of antibiotic lock technique for persistent central venous catheter-associated coagulase-negative Staphylococcus bacteremia in childrenO Megged
Infectious Diseases Unit, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 29:157-61. 2010..18%, P = 0.05). ALT with vancomycin for CVC-associated bacteremia has a limited long-term effectiveness, especially with implantable ports. Larger prospective studies are needed for the long-term evaluation of this technique...
- Risk factors for sternal wound infection in children undergoing cardiac surgery: a case-control studyE Ben-Ami
Paediatric Infectious Diseases Unit, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petach Tikva, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Hosp Infect 70:335-40. 2008..Specific risks for Gram-negative infections are identified and should help to introduce new preventive strategies to decrease the incidence and severity of SWI...
- Risk factors associated with candidaemia in the neonatal intensive care unit: a case-control studyN Linder
Department of Neonatal Intensive Care, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petah Tikva 49202, Israel
J Hosp Infect 57:321-4. 2004..38%. Maximizing in-utero steroid treatment in high-risk pregnancies, minimizing the days of mechanical ventilation and investment of efforts in prevention of bacteraemia may help to reduce the incidence of candidaemia in the NICU...
- Infectious complications of implantable ports and Hickman catheters in paediatric haematology-oncology patientsA Adler
Unit of Paediatric Infectious Diseases and Hospital Infection Control, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, affiliated with Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Hosp Infect 62:358-65. 2006..68, P = 0.005] and for catheter removal due to complications (OR -2.0, P < 0.001). Implantable ports may be considered the preferred device for most paediatric oncology and stem cell transplantation patients...
- Clinical and laboratory characteristics of non-E. coli urinary tract infectionsS Friedman
Department of Pediatrics, Dana Children s Hospital, Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
Arch Dis Child 91:845-6. 2006..coli pathogens. The most frequent anomaly was grade 3-4 vesicoureteral reflux (50%), followed by hydronephrosis (22.7%), ureteropelvic junction obstruction (9%), hypospadias (4.5%), pinpoint meatus (4.5%), and dysplastic kidney (4.5%)...
- Changing distribution of Candida species isolated from sterile and nonsterile sites in IsraelZ Samra
Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 21:542-5. 2002..The prevalence of Candida parapsilosis decreased significantly in nonsterile sites, from 31% to 23% (P=0.0002). Continuous surveys of the distribution of Candida spp. and analysis of the clinical significance of changes are warranted...
- Drug-resistant HIV infection among drug-naive patients in IsraelZ Grossman
National HIV Reference Laboratory, PHL, MOH, Central Virology, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, 52621 Israel
Clin Infect Dis 40:294-302. 2005..These groups are distinguished demographically by risk behavior category and by virus subtype. We investigated transmission of drug resistance within groups to assess the impact of these factors...
- Nosocomial infections after cardiac surgery in infants and children: incidence and risk factorsI Levy
Infectious Disease Unit, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petah Tikva
J Hosp Infect 53:111-6. 2003..High complexity score, neonatal age, prolonged ICU stay, and open chest postoperatively are risk factors of HAI in this patient population...
- Handwashing patterns in two dermatology clinicsH A Cohen
Pediatric Ambulatory Center, Department of Family Medicine, Petach Tiqwa, Israel
Dermatology 205:358-61. 2002..The hands of health care workers are a major source of nosocomial infection. Studies conducted mainly in intensive-care units and emergency departments have shown low compliance with hand hygiene recommendation...
- Mycetoma of the renal pelvis caused by Fusarium speciesC Nakar
Department of Neonatology, Schneider Children's Medical Center of Israel, Petah Tikva, Israel
Pediatr Infect Dis J 20:1182-3. 2001..Prolonged treatment with amphotericin B alone or with flucytosine failed. Combined surgical drainage and medical therapy resulted in full resolution...