Affiliation: Hadassah University Hospital
- Urinary concentrations of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in Israeli adults: Demographic and life-style predictorsHagai Levine
Braun School of Public Health and Community Medicine, Hebrew University Hadassah and The Hebrew University Center of Excellence in Agriculture and Environmental Health, Jerusalem, Israel Electronic address
Int J Hyg Environ Health 218:123-31. 2015....
- Time trends of viral meningitis among young adults in Israel: 1978-2012Hagai Levine
Army Health Branch, Medical Corps Headquarters, Israel Defense Forces, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 33:1149-53. 2014..Identifying viral causes of meningitis may spare patients unnecessary treatment while prompting the introduction of public health interventions and control measures, especially in crowded settings...
- Exposure to tobacco smoke based on urinary cotinine levels among Israeli smoking and nonsmoking adults: a cross-sectional analysis of the first Israeli human biomonitoring studyHagai Levine
Braun School of Public Health and Community Medicine, Hebrew University Hadassah Faculty of Medicine, Kiryat Hadassah, Ein Kerem, Jerusalem, Israel
BMC Public Health 13:1241. 2013..The goal of this study was to examine exposure to tobacco smoke among smoking and nonsmoking Israeli adults and to identify differences in ETS exposure among nonsmokers by socio-demographic factors...
- Country of origin, age at migration and risk of cutaneous melanoma: a migrant cohort study of 1,100,000 Israeli menHagai Levine
Medical Corps, Israel Defense Force, Israel
Int J Cancer 133:486-94. 2013..These findings will serve in directing public health and research efforts...
- Dynamics of pneumococcal acquisition and carriage in young adults during training in confined settings in IsraelHagai Levine
Medical Corps, Israel Defence Force, Tel Hashomer, Israel
PLoS ONE 7:e46491. 2012..Our aim was to characterize pneumococcal acquisition and carriage among healthy young adults in Israel during military training in confined settings...
- Risk of germ cell testicular cancer according to origin: a migrant cohort study in 1,100,000 Israeli menHagai Levine
Hebrew University Hadassah Braun School of Public Health and Community Medicine, Ein Kerem, Jerusalem, Israel
Int J Cancer 132:1878-85. 2013....
- Rubella seroprevalence in the first birth cohort reaching fertility age after 20 years of two dose universal vaccination policy in IsraelHagai Levine
Medical Corps, Israeli Defense Force, Israel
Vaccine 30:7260-4. 2012..A national program of a 2-dose universal childhood MMR vaccination policy has been in effect in Israel since 1988. As the 1988 birth cohort reached fertility age, questions regarding immunity against rubella were raised...
- Seroepidemiology of Epstein-Barr virus and cytomegalovirus among Israeli male young adultsHagai Levine
Medical Corps, Israeli Defence Force, Israel
Ann Epidemiol 22:783-8. 2012....
- Preventing mumps outbreaks in confined settings: comprehensive ring vaccination as a containment strategyHagai Levine
Braun Hebrew University Hadassah School of Public Health and Community Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Hum Vaccin 7:1389-93. 2011..Our analysis shows that a comprehensive ring vaccination should be considered in any case of mumps in confined settings...
- Challenges and opportunities in the Israeli 2009 pandemic influenza vaccination programHagai Levine
Ministry of Health, Jerusalem, Israel
Hum Vaccin 7:1077-82. 2011..Lessons learned from this analysis could serve to foster cooperation and communication between various agencies in the event of planning rapid mass vaccination programs as well as for more routine public health vaccination campaigns...
- Sub-optimal prevalence of mumps antibodies in a population based study of young adults in Israel after 20 years of two dose universal vaccination policyHagai Levine
Army Health Branch, Medical Corps, Israel Defense Forces, Israel
Vaccine 29:2785-90. 2011..A recent mumps outbreak in Israel despite an ongoing national program of a 2-dose universal childhood vaccination policy since 1988, raised questions regarding population immunity among young adults...
- Control of Streptococcus pneumoniae serotype 5 epidemic of severe pneumonia among young army recruits by mass antibiotic treatment and vaccinationRan D Balicer
Medical Corps, Israeli Defense Forces, Israel
Vaccine 28:5591-6. 2010..1%) contacts. Immunization with 23-valent polysaccharide vaccine supplemented with a 2-dose azithromycin mass treatment rapidly terminated the outbreak. Carriage rates dropped to <1%, 24 and 45 days after intervention...
- [The military role in a flu pandemic]Vered Molina Hazan
Army Health Branch, Medical Corps Headquarters, IDF, Israel
Harefuah 149:9-13, 64. 2010....
- Smoking and other correlates of health care services utilization among mandatory military recruits in IsraelHagai Levine
Army Health Branch, Medical Corps, Israel Defense Force, Israel
Nicotine Tob Res 14:742-50. 2012....
- [Pandemic influenza vaccines: from the lab to ethical policy making]Itamar Grotto
Public Health Services, Ministry of Health, Jerusalem
Harefuah 148:672-6, 735. 2009..Equitable distribution of scarce resources in the world requires attention to ethical dilemmas by a multinational and multidisciplinary team...
- Trends in reproductive health in Israel: implications for environmental health policyTamar Berman
Public Health Services, Israel Ministry of Health, Jerusalem, Israel
Isr J Health Policy Res 1:34. 2012..Despite gaps in evidence and current data, we support a precautionary approach to regulating potential endocrine disrupting chemicals and reducing public exposures, especially in sensitive groups such as children and pregnant women...
- Postexposure prophylaxis of tick-borne relapsing fever: lessons learned from recent outbreaks in IsraelJacob Moran-Gilad
1 Medical Corps, Israel Defense Force, Israel
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 13:791-7. 2013..The probability for TBRF among exposed individuals associated with well-established cases of TBRF warrants that prompt doxycycline administration be considered in all individuals who share risk factors, regardless of tick bite status...