- Laser cryptolysis for the treatment of halitosisYehuda Finkelstein
Palate Surgery Unit, Department of Otolarygology Head and Neck Surgery, Meir Hospital, Sapir Medical Center, Kfar Saba, Israel
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 131:372-7. 2004..To evaluate the tonsils as a source of halitosis and to assess the efficacy of laser CO(2) cryptolysis for the treatment of oral bad breath caused by chronic fetid tonsillitis...
- Endoscopic partial adenoidectomy for children with submucous cleft palateYehuda Finkelstein
Palate Surgery Unit of the Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Meir Hospital, Sapir Medical Center, Kfar Saba, Israel
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 39:479-86. 2002..The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of transnasal endoscopic horizontal partial adenoidectomy in patients with submucous cleft palate and adenoidal hypertrophy...
- Is there a better way to do laser-assisted uvulopalatoplasty?Gilead Berger
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Meir Hospital, Sapir Medical Center, and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Kfar Saba, Israel
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 129:447-53. 2003..To assess the subjective and objective short- and medium- to long-term results of laser-assisted uvulopalatoplasty (LAUP) for snoring and obstructive sleep apnea...
- Old and new aspects of middle turbinate histopathologyGilead Berger
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Ear, Nose, and Throat Histopathologic Research Laboratory, Meir Medical Center, Kfar Saba, Israel
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 140:48-54. 2009..To study the histology of the normal and pathologic middle turbinate (MT)...
- Penetrating injury of the maxilla by needlefish jawsYaniv Ebner
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Meir Medical Centre, Kfar Saba, Israel
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 37:235-8. 2009..Needlefish penetrating injuries have become a worldwide problem, inflicting critical morbidities and even mortalities. This is the first published case of needlefish injury in the Mediterranean basin...
- The rising incidence of adult acute epiglottitis and epiglottic abscessGilead Berger
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Meir Hospital, Sapit Medical Center, Kfar Saba, Tel Aviv, Israel
Am J Otolaryngol 24:374-83. 2003..To examine preliminary observations that the incidence of adult acute epiglottitis has risen between 1986 and 2000...
- Laser-assisted uvulopalatoplasty for the management of obstructive sleep apnea: myths and factsYehuda Finkelstein
Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Palate Surgery Unit, Meir Hospital, Sapir Medical Center, Kfar Saba 44281, Israel
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 128:429-34. 2002..Postoperative polysomnography revealed that LAUP might lead to deterioration of existing apnea. These findings are probably related to velopharyngeal narrowing and progressive palatal fibrosis inflicted by the laser beam...
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder in patients with velocardiofacial (22q11 deletion) syndromeDoron Gothelf
Behavioral Genetics Clinic, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, 14 Kaplan Street, PO Box 559, Petah Tiqwa 49202, Israel
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 126:99-105. 2004..2%) had psychotic disorder. The results of our study suggest that there is a strong association between VCFS and early-onset OCD. This finding may be significant in the understanding of the underlying genetic basis of OCD...
- Genetic, developmental, and physical factors associated with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in patients with velocardiofacial syndromeDoron Gothelf
Behavioral Genetics Clinic, Feinberg Child Study Center, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, 14 Kaplan Street, PO Box 559, Petah Tiqwa 49202, Israel
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 126:116-21. 2004..These findings indicate that ADHD in VCFS has a genetic contribution and the patients' VCFS-related developmental factors and physical illnesses play a lesser role...
- Rhinorrhea induced by loading of dental implants supporting an obturator prosthesis: a clinical reportArie Shifman
Department of Oral Rehabilitation, The Maurice and Gabriela Goldshleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
J Prosthet Dent 89:450-2. 2003....
- Is isolated palatal anomaly an indication to screen for 22q11 region deletion?Orit Reish
Genetic Institute, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 40:176-9. 2003..The frequency of 22q11 deletion in patients presenting with isolated palatal anomalies has not been fully assessed. Our objective was to determine the frequency of the deletion in patients with isolated palatal anomalies...