Affiliation: Maccabi Healthcare Organization
Location: , Israel
Child Development and Neurology
- Davidovitch M, Tirosh E, Tal Y. The relationship between joint hypermobility and neurodevelopmental attributes in elementary school children. J Child Neurol. 1994;9:417-9 pubmed..It appears that joint hypermobility and neurodevelopmental dysfunctions are not causally related and have a different maturational course. ..
- Bader D, Davidovitch M, Berger A. Genital prolapse in a preterm female infant. J Perinatol. 1993;13:159-61 pubmed..The clinical presentation, diagnostic approach, management, and outcome of the case are discussed with reference to a review of the literature. ..
- Tirosh E, Shnitzer M, Davidovitch M, Cohen A. Behavioural problems among visually impaired between 6 months and 5 years. Int J Rehabil Res. 1998;21:63-9 pubmed..The prevalence of behavioural problems among blind children is high and therefore a careful psychological monitoring and assistance should be offered to them and their parents. ..
- Davidovitch M, Bennet O, Jaffe M, Tirosh E, Cohen A. Growth patterns among infants with language deficits: a case-control study. J Child Neurol. 2000;15:440-4 pubmed..However, none of the parameters were more than two standard deviations below the mean. It is possible that this finding is of constitutional origin. ..
- Davidovitch M, Holtzman G, Tirosh E. Autism in the Haifa area--an epidemiological perspective. Isr Med Assoc J. 2001;3:188-9 pubmed..This finding supports an underlying biological mechanism for this disorder. These data can be used for future trend analyses in Israel. ..
- Tirosh E, Perets Dubrovsky S, Davidovitch M, Hocherman S. Visuomotor tracking related to attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). J Child Neurol. 2006;21:503-7 pubmed..These results have potential implications related to the evaluation of children with ADHD on and off drugs. ..
- Potasman I, Davidovitch M, Tal Y, Tal J, Zelnik N, Jaffe M. Congenital toxoplasmosis: a significant cause of neurological morbidity in Israel?. Clin Infect Dis. 1995;20:259-62 pubmed..1) among children with nerve deafness (P = .01). Large-scale prospective cohort studies of pregnant women are needed to substantiate the impact of congenital toxoplasmosis on the neurological diseases of childhood in Israel. ..
- Davidovitch M, Golan D, Vardi O, Lev D, Lerman Sagie T. Israeli children with autism spectrum disorder are not macrocephalic. J Child Neurol. 2011;26:580-5 pubmed publisher..We conclude that there is no increased prevalence of macrocephaly in Israeli children with autism; this can be attributed to a different genetic background. ..
- Biran Gol Y, Lerman Sagie T, Lev D, Malinger G, Schweiger A, Davidovitch M. [Developmental outcome of fetal macrocephaly and associated syndromes]. Harefuah. 2010;149:41-4, 62, 61 pubmed..Based on these reports, concerning macrocephaly identified in utero, doctors find it difficult to assess prognosis and provide clear guidelines for parents. ..
- Biran Gol Y, Malinger G, Cohen H, Davidovitch M, Lev D, Lerman Sagie T, et al. Developmental outcome of isolated fetal macrocephaly. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2010;36:147-53 pubmed publisher..Our study provides information important for parental counseling prenatally. ..
- Mintz Itkin R, Lerman Sagie T, Zuk L, Itkin Webman T, Davidovitch M. Does physical therapy improve outcome in infants with joint hypermobility and benign hypotonia?. J Child Neurol. 2009;24:714-9 pubmed publisher..It did not prove an advantage of weekly physical therapy. It seems that monthly physical therapy combined with a home treatment protocol implemented by the primary caregivers is sufficient to achieve motor catch-up. ..
- Tirosh E, Cohen A, Berger J, Davidovitch M, Cohen Ophir M. Neurodevelopmental and behavioural characteristics in learning disabilities and attention deficit disorder. Eur J Paediatr Neurol. 2001;5:253-8 pubmed..These findings give support to the neurological origin of attention deficit disorder related behaviours among learning disabled children. Different interventions should therefore be considered for each of these entities. ..
- Davidovitch M, Glick L, Holtzman G, Tirosh E, Safir M. Developmental regression in autism: maternal perception. J Autism Dev Disord. 2000;30:113-9 pubmed..There is little difference between those children who regressed and those who did not regress in maternal perceptions and reports of development, family, and medical history. ..
- Davidovitch M, Manning Courtney P, Hartmann L, Watson J, Lutkenhoff M, Oppenheimer S. The prevalence of attentional problems and the effect of methylphenidate in children with myelomenigocele. Pediatr Rehabil. 1999;3:29-35 pubmed..Four children were clinical responders to methylphenidate. The prevalence of attentional problems in children with myelomeningocele is high, and effective medication therapy needs to be studied further. ..
- Tirosh E, Berger J, Cohen Ophir M, Davidovitch M, Cohen A. Learning disabilities with and without attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: parents' and teachers' perspectives. J Child Neurol. 1998;13:270-6 pubmed..However, children with learning disability with ADHD possibly have a different underlying neurocognitive pattern than their peers with learning disabilities only. ..
- Davidovitch M, Patterson B, Gartside P. Head circumference measurements in children with autism. J Child Neurol. 1996;11:389-93 pubmed..0067) than Group 2. Routine brain imaging studies could not explain the macrocephaly in Group 1. The etiology of large head circumference and increased growth indices in children with autism is unclear. ..
- Davidovitch M, Koren G, Fund N, Shrem M, Porath A. Challenges in defining the rates of ADHD diagnosis and treatment: trends over the last decade. BMC Pediatr. 2017;17:218 pubmed publisher..This change in attitude may also be associated with the dramatic increase in female ADHD diagnosis prevalence. ..