Affiliation: Bnai Zion Medical Center
- On the association between hypercholesterolemia, cardiovascular disease and severe periodontal diseaseJ Katz
Medical Corps, Israel Defense Forces, Jerusalem, Israel
J Clin Periodontol 28:865-8. 2001..The purpose of the present study was to assess the relationship between CHD and periodontal disease...
- Association in the seroprevalence of hepatitis A and herpes simplex-1 viruses in young adults in IsraelJ Katz
Israel Defence Force Medical Corps, Military, IDF
Infection 28:231-3. 2000..This trend is not reflected in the seroprevalence of herpes simplex (HSV) infection, which has remained stable during these years...
- Relationship of blood glucose level to community periodontal index of treatment needs and body mass index in a permanent Israeli military populationJ Katz
IDF Medical Corps, Jerusalem, Israel
J Periodontol 71:1521-7. 2000..The goal of this study was to find a possible link between blood glucose levels and periodontal disease...
- Treating dental phobic patients in the Israeli Defense ForceB Peretz
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Hadassah Faculty of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Int Dent J 46:108-12. 1996..Alleviating anxiety by rational explanation may not be sufficient in all phobic patients...
- Elevated blood glucose levels in patients with severe periodontal diseaseJ Katz
Department of Oral Diagnosis, Oral Medicine and Oral Radiology, Hebrew University, Hadassah School of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
J Clin Periodontol 28:710-2. 2001..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the reciprocal relationship between abnormal serum glucose levels and elevated CPITN scores in non-diabetic patients...
- Recurrent oral ulcerations associated with recurrent herpes labialis--two distinct entities?J Katz
Israeli Defense Force, Medical Corps, Jerusalem
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 29:260-3. 2001..37 greater than for those who were RAU negative. It is concluded that a similar underlying pathological process or unknown cofactor may be involved in both RAU and RHL...
- Behavior of dental phobic residents of large and small communitiesB Peretz
Hebrew University Hadassah Faculty of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Braz Dent J 10:23-8. 1999..These findings underscore the need for proper behavioral and pain management during childhood...
- Trends in caries and associated variables among young Israeli adults over 5 decadesH D Sgan-Cohen
Department of Community Dentistry, Hebrew University-Hadassah, Jerusalem, Israel
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 28:234-40. 2000..This study indicates a further increase in caries treatment level, but a persisting inequity according to social variables...
- Stafne's bone cavity in the anterior mandible: a possible diagnostic challengeJ Katz
Department of Oral Medicine, Hebrew University-Hadassah, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
J Endod 27:304-7. 2001..The dental computerized tomography scan is suggested as the most suitable noninvasive diagnostic and follow-up modality for this bony configuration in the anterior mandible...