Ziv Ben Ari
- Induction of heme oxygenase-1 protects mouse liver from apoptotic ischemia/reperfusion injuryZ Ben-Ari
Liver Disease Center, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, 52620, Ramat Gan, Israel
Apoptosis 18:547-55. 2013..HO-1 over-expression plays a pivotal role in reducing the hepatic apoptotic IR injury. HO-1 may serve as a potential target for therapeutic intervention in hepatic I/R injury during liver transplantation...
- Ischemia and reperfusion liver injury is reduced in the absence of Toll-like receptor 4Ziv Ben-Ari
Liver Disease Center, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Ramat Gan, Israel
Cell Physiol Biochem 30:489-98. 2012..Hepatic signaling through TLR4 is critical in the pathogenesis of ischemia reperfusion injury (IRI) and leads to the release of cytokines. The role of bone marrow-derived TLR4 in the early reperfusion stage is unclear...
- [Challenges in liver diseases and transplantation]Ziv Ben Ari
Liver Disease Center, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Ramat Gan Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv
Harefuah 151:660-1, 722. 2012..Several additional articles in the issue shed further light on recent discoveries in the field of hepatology...
- Bone marrow and nonbone marrow Toll like receptor 4 regulate acute hepatic injury induced by endotoxemiaEdith Hochhauser
Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Rabin Medical Center, Petach Tikva, Israel
PLoS ONE 8:e73041. 2013..We examined whether hepatic Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) is involved in the acute hepatic injury caused by the administration of lipopolysaccharide (LPS) (septic shock model)...
- Serum globulin levels in predicting the extent of hepatic fibrosis in patients with recurrent post-transplant hepatitis C infectionHemda Schmilovitz-Weiss
Gastroenterology Unit, Hasharon Golda Campus, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Clin Transplant 21:391-7. 2007..These findings, if confirmed, have important implications for the prevention and treatment of fibrosis in this patient group...