Ziv Ben Ari
- [Challenges in liver diseases and transplantation]Ziv Ben Ari
Liver Disease Center, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Ramat Gan Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv
Harefuah 151:660-1, 722. 2012..Several additional articles in the issue shed further light on recent discoveries in the field of hepatology...
- Oncogenic viruses and hepatocellular carcinomaZiv Ben Ari
Liver Disease Center, Sheba Medical Center, Derech Sheba No 1, Ramat Gan 52621, Israel Liver Research Laboratory, Sheba Medical Center, Ramat Gan, Israel Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel Electronic address
Clin Liver Dis 19:341-60. 2015..In patients with chronic hepatitis viral infection, cirrhosis is not a prerequisite for tumorigenesis. ..
- Bone marrow and nonbone marrow Toll like receptor 4 regulate acute hepatic injury induced by endotoxemiaEdith Hochhauser
Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Rabin Medical Center, Petach Tikva, Israel
PLoS ONE 8:e73041. 2013..We examined whether hepatic Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) is involved in the acute hepatic injury caused by the administration of lipopolysaccharide (LPS) (septic shock model)...
- Induction of heme oxygenase-1 protects mouse liver from apoptotic ischemia/reperfusion injuryZ Ben-Ari
Liver Disease Center, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, 52620, Ramat Gan, Israel
Apoptosis 18:547-55. 2013..HO-1 over-expression plays a pivotal role in reducing the hepatic apoptotic IR injury. HO-1 may serve as a potential target for therapeutic intervention in hepatic I/R injury during liver transplantation...
- Ischemia and reperfusion liver injury is reduced in the absence of Toll-like receptor 4Ziv Ben-Ari
Liver Disease Center, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Ramat Gan, Israel
Cell Physiol Biochem 30:489-98. 2012..Hepatic signaling through TLR4 is critical in the pathogenesis of ischemia reperfusion injury (IRI) and leads to the release of cytokines. The role of bone marrow-derived TLR4 in the early reperfusion stage is unclear...
- Serum globulin levels in predicting the extent of hepatic fibrosis in patients with recurrent post-transplant hepatitis C infectionHemda Schmilovitz-Weiss
Gastroenterology Unit, Hasharon Golda Campus, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Clin Transplant 21:391-7. 2007..These findings, if confirmed, have important implications for the prevention and treatment of fibrosis in this patient group...
- Late onset fulminant Wilson's disease: a case report and review of the literatureElla Weitzman
Ella Weitzman, Peretz Weiss, Ziv Ben Ari, Liver Disease Center, Sheba Medical Center, Ramat Gan 52621, Israel
World J Gastroenterol 20:17656-60. 2014..Effective treatments for this disorder that can be fatal are available and will prevent or reverse many manifestations if the disease is discovered early...
- A comparison of transjugular and plugged-percutaneous liver biopsy in patients with contraindications to ordinary percutaneous liver biopsy and an "in-house" protocol for selecting the procedure of choiceEli Atar
Vascular and Interventional Units, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Hasharon Hospital, Petach Tikva, Israel
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 33:560-4. 2010..When both are technically available, we suggest PB as the procedure of choice, especially in transplanted livers...
- Metabolic syndrome in liver transplant recipients: prevalence, risk factors, and association with cardiovascular eventsIdo Laish
Department of Internal Medicine A, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Hospital, Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Liver Transpl 17:15-22. 2011..PTMS is associated with cardiovascular morbidity but not mortality, and it may be predicted by pretransplantation conditions. Prospective studies are required to determine the significance and management of PTMS...