- The effect of propofol anaesthesia on oocyte fertilization and early embryo qualityI Ben-Shlomo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, HaEmek Medical Centre, Afula, Israel
Hum Reprod 15:2197-9. 2000..In so far as in-vitro development reflects embryo quality, we conclude that the time elapsed between retrieval of the first and last oocyte does not affect oocyte quality...
- The polycystic ovary syndrome: what does insulin resistance have to do with it?Izhar Ben-Shlomo
Laboratory for Research in Reproductive Sciences, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ha Emek Medical Centre, Afula, Israel
Reprod Biomed Online 6:36-42. 2003....
- Comparison between four immunoassays for growth hormone (GH) measurement as guides to clinical decisions following GH provocative testsY Rakover
Pediatric Endocrine Unit, Ha Emek Medical Center, Afula, Israel
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 13:637-43. 2000..To compare four assays for the measurement of GH following provocative tests and to assess the projected clinical decisions, which would have been based on their respective results...
- The balance between MMP-9 and MMP-2 and their tissue inhibitor (TIMP)-1 in luteinized granulosa cells: comparison between women with PCOS and normal ovulatory womenE Shalev
Laboratory for Research in Reproductive Sciences, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ha Emek Medical Center, Afula, Israel
Mol Hum Reprod 7:325-31. 2001..Thus the MMP-TIMP balance is shifted toward greater MMP activity in luteinized granulosa cells from women with PCOS...
- Hyperandrogenic anovulation (the polycystic ovary syndrome)--back to the ovary?I Ben-Shlomo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, HaEmek Medical Centre, Afula, Israel
Hum Reprod Update 4:296-300. 1998....
- The rat intraovarian interleukin (IL)-1 system: cellular localization, cyclic variation and hormonal regulation of IL-1beta and of the type I and type II IL-1 receptorsS Kol
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Mol Cell Endocrinol 149:115-28. 1999..The periovulatory expression pattern of IL-1beta and its receptor (type I) is compatible with the notion that the intraovarian IL-1 system may play an intermediary role in the ovulatory process...
- Sharing of unrelated receptors and ligands by cognate partners: possible implications for ovarian and endometrial physiologyIzhar Ben-Shlomo
Division of Reproduction, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ma yanei HaYeshua Medical Centre, Bnei Brak, Israel
Reprod Biomed Online 11:259-69. 2005..The potential significance to new pharmacological developments is evident...
- Use of a GnRH antagonist in controlled ovarian hyperstimulation for assisted conception in women with polycystic ovary disease: a randomized, prospective, pilot studyMustafa Bahceci
Bahceci Women s Health Care Center, Istanbul, Turkey
J Reprod Med 50:84-90. 2005....
- Familial partial 17,20-desmolase and 17alpha-hydroxylase deficiency presenting as infertilityDavid Levran
In Vitro Fertilization Unit, Edith Wolfson Medical Center, Holon 58100, Israel
J Assist Reprod Genet 20:21-8. 2003..Females with 17alpha-hydroxylase/17,20-desmolase deficiency normally present with amenorrhea, sexual infantilism, hypertension, and hypokalemia. We report on a new clinical presentation of this combined enzymatic defect...
- Regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9), tissue inhibitor of MMP, and progesterone secretion in luteinized granulosa cells from normally ovulating women with polycystic ovary diseaseIzhar Ben-Shlomo
Ha Emek Medical Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Afula, Israel
Fertil Steril 79:694-701. 2003..To investigate the regulation of MMP-9, TIMP-1, and progesterone via three signal transduction pathways in luteinized granulosa cells from normal ovulatory and PCOD women...
- Perspective: the ovarian kaleidoscope database-II. Functional genomic analysis of an organ-specific databaseIzhar Ben-Shlomo
Division of Reproductive Biology, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5317, USA
Endocrinology 143:2041-4. 2002..The present global analysis of gene function and relationships in an organ-specific manner provides a functional genomic paradigm for the future understanding of the physiology and pathophysiology of diverse organs...
- Obesity-associated infertility - the earliest known descriptionIzhar Ben-Shlomo
Division of Reproduction, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ma anei HaYeshua Medical Centre, Bnei Brak, Israel
Reprod Biomed Online 17:5-6. 2008....