Affiliation: Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Acute pancreatitis in childhood: research of pathogenesis and clinical implicationsZ Weizman
Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition Unit, Soroka Medical Center, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Can J Gastroenterol 11:249-53. 1997..This relationship is discussed regarding a better understanding of pathogenesis in pediatric disorders; increasing awareness; preventing damage by drugs and toxins; using novel diagnostic markers; and introducing new therapeutic tools...
- Intestinal protein loss in acute and persistent diarrhea of early childhoodZvi Weizman
Soroka Medical Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Clin Gastroenterol 34:427-9. 2002..To determine fecal protein loss in children with acute and persistent diarrhea...
- Effect of a probiotic infant formula on infections in child care centers: comparison of two probiotic agentsZvi Weizman
Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition Unit, Soroka Medical Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, Israel
Pediatrics 115:5-9. 2005..To investigate the effect of 2 different species of probiotics in preventing infections in infants attending child care centers...
- Safety and tolerance of a probiotic formula in early infancy comparing two probiotic agents: a pilot studyZvi Weizman
Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition Unit, Soroka Medical Center, P O Box 151, Beer Sheva 84101, Israel
J Am Coll Nutr 25:415-9. 2006..To compare the safety and tolerance of two formulas, supplemented with different probiotic agents, in early infancy...
- "Bread madness" revisited: screening for specific celiac antibodies among schizophrenia patientsRoni Peleg
Department of Family Medicine, Sial Research Center for Family Medicine and Primary Care, Division of Community Health, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Eur Psychiatry 19:311-4. 2004..The objective was to compare patients with chronic schizophrenia and matched controls for sociodemographic variables, prevalence of celiac-specific anti-endomysial antibodies and disease-related variables...
- HLA DQA1-DQB1 genotypes in Bedouin families with celiac diseaseSusan L Neuhausen
Department of Medical Informatics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84108, USA
Hum Immunol 63:502-7. 2002..078). The HLA DQA1 DQB1 high-risk genotypes associated with celiac disease are similar in these Bedouin families with CD to what is observed in Northern and Southern Europeans...
- Vegetarian diet and exocrine pancreatic function using fecal testsZvi Weizman
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 39:212; author reply 212-3. 2004