Affiliation: Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Normal fasting plasma glucose levels and type 2 diabetes in young menAmir Tirosh
Medical Corps Headquarters, Tel Hashomer, Israel
N Engl J Med 353:1454-62. 2005..55 mmol per liter). Whether higher fasting plasma glucose levels within this range independently predict type 2 diabetes in young adults is unclear...
- Autoimmune diseases in asthmaAmir Tirosh
Department of Internal Medicine A C, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Ann Intern Med 144:877-83. 2006..One controversial hypothesis postulates that asthma provides a protective effect for the development of autoimmune-related disorders...
- Changes in triglyceride levels over time and risk of type 2 diabetes in young menAmir Tirosh
1Department of Internal Medicine A C, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Diabetes Care 31:2032-7. 2008..The association between changes in triglyceride concentrations over time and diabetes is unknown. We assessed whether two triglyceride determinations obtained 5 years apart can predict incident type 2 diabetes...
- Changes in triglyceride levels and risk for coronary heart disease in young menAmir Tirosh
Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Ann Intern Med 147:377-85. 2007..Current triglyceride levels might be only a weak predictor of risk for coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- Dietary intervention to reverse carotid atherosclerosisIris Shai
Department of Epidemiology and Health Systems Evaluation, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Circulation 121:1200-8. 2010..It is currently unknown whether dietary weight loss interventions can induce regression of carotid atherosclerosis...
- White blood cell count and the risk for coronary artery disease in young adultsGilad Twig
Department Medicine B, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
PLoS ONE 7:e47183. 2012..Our objective was to assess the association between WBC count and its changes over time with CAD incidence in the Metabolic, Life-style and Nutrition Assessment in Young adults (MELANY) study, a cohort of Israeli army personnel...
- Association between socioeconomic status and the prevalence of asthmaAlon Farfel
Medical Corps, Israel Defense Forces, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 104:490-5. 2010..The finding in some recent studies that the prevalence of asthma is higher in poor populations contradicts the hygiene theory, which claims that improved quality of life removes protective factors that prevent atopy...
- Blood-pressure categories in adolescence predict development of hypertension in accordance with the European guidelinesEran Israeli
Institute of Gastroenterology, Division of Internal Medicine, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Hypertens 20:705-9. 2007....