Affiliation: Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- The mass campaign to eradicate ringworm among the Jewish community in Eastern Europe, 1921-1938Shifra Shvarts
Moshe Prywes Center of MedicaL Education, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Am J Public Health 103:e56-66. 2013..Our research is based on historical archival materials in the United States, Europe, and Israel...
- [The struggle over the establishment of the central hospital in the Negev--the Soroka Medical Center]Shifra Shvarts
Moshe Prywes Center of MedicaL Education, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev
Harefuah 149:131-6, 196. 2010..The research is based on both archival material and on input from informants from the period who constitute primary sources...
- The tinea capitis campaign in Serbia in the 1950sShifra Shvarts
The Gertner Institute for Epidemiology and Health Policy Research, Sheba Medical Centre, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Lancet Infect Dis 10:571-6. 2010..The findings are relevant to the Serbian medical community and populations in other countries that used a radiation-based technique for the treatment of tinea capitis...
- [The forgotten ringworm campaign of OZE-TOZ in Poland]Shifra Shvarts
Moshe Prywes Center of MedicaL Education, Ben Gurion University of the Negev and the Gertner Institute for Epidemioliogy and Health Policy Research, Tel Hashomer
Harefuah 148:265-70, 275, 274. 2009..This research was conducted at The Gertner Institute for Epidemiology and Health Policy Research and The School of Public Health at Tel Aviv University...
- The government of Israel and the health care of the Negev Bedouin under military government, 1948-1966Shifra Shvarts
Department of Health Management, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University, Negev, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Med Hist 47:47-66. 2003
- A report card on the physician work force: Israeli health care market--past experience and future prospectsAsaf Toker
Department of Health Systems Management, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, Israel
Health Policy 97:38-43. 2010..The worldwide shortage of physicians is due not only to the lack of physicians, but also to complex social and economic factors that vary from country to country...
- The influence of Israel Health Insurance Law on the Negev Bedouin population--a survey studyMohammed Morad
Clalit Health Service, Beer Sheva, Israel
ScientificWorldJournal 6:81-95. 2006..Although all the health care needs of this rapidly growing population have yet to be met fully, the assurances under the Law and the new level of competition promise a higher level of service in the future...
- [From the Natanyahu State Commission to management tasks in the Israeli health system]Dana Schwartz-Ilan
Department of Health Systems Management, Faculty of Health Sciences Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva
Harefuah 143:718-21, 766. 2004..The commission was appointed to examine the performance of the health system in Israel and recommend reforms and changes that would improve the quality and efficiency of health services and the overall performance of the system...
- The use of developmental rehabilitation services. Comparison between Bedouins and Jews in the south of IsraelHasia Lubetzky
Zusman Child Development Center, Division of Pediatrics, Soroka University Medical Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
ScientificWorldJournal 4:186-92. 2004....
- Integration of Health Systems Management Bachelors Program graduates into the Israeli healthcare marketDana Schwartz-Ilan
Faculty of Health Sciences, Department of Health Systems Management, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, P O Box 653, Beer Sheva, 84105 Israel
J Health Adm Educ 22:345-57. 2005..The graduates encountered difficulties in their absorption into management roles in the public health system and feel that the extent of their abilities has yet to be fully recognized and utilized by the system...
- Women's preferences for their gynecologist or obstetricianIrena Piper
Healthcare Management, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Patient Educ Couns 72:109-14. 2008..The objective of this study was to evaluate women's preferences in selecting their gynecologist or obstetrician...
- Complementary medicine in IsraelOrli Grinstein
Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Altern Complement Med 8:437-43. 2002....
- Distance and socioeconomic status as a health service predictor on the periphery in the southern region of IsraelHasia Lubetzky
Department of Occupational Therapy, Soroka University Medical Center SUMC, Beer Sheva, Israel
Health Policy 100:310-6. 2011....
- Clinical guidelines, defensive medicine, and the physician between the twoAsaf Toker
Department of Health Systems, Management, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Am J Otolaryngol 25:245-50. 2004....
- The provision of modern medical services to a nomadic population: a review of medical services to the Bedouins of southern Sinai during Israeli rule 1967-1982Pnina Romem
Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 4:306-8. 2002..Over the course of Israeli rule (1967-1982) an elaborate healthcare service was established and maintained, providing modern, up to date, comprehensive medical services that were available to all free of charge...