Affiliation: Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Are cognitive-behavioral interventions effective in reducing occupational stress among nurses?Sarid Orly
Department of Social Work, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Appl Nurs Res 25:152-7. 2012..The results are discussed in relation to the conceptual framework of stress and coping theory...
- The contribution of negative reproductive experiences and chronic medical conditions to depression and pain among Israeli womenOrly Sarid
The Spitzer Department of Social Work and The BGU Center for Women s Health Studies and Promotion, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Psychol Health Med 17:82-94. 2012..The findings are discussed in the light of stress and adaptation theories that point to the long-term effects of stressful life events on emotional and physiological aspects such as depression and pain...
- Gelotophobia in Israel: on the assessment of the fear of being laughed atOrly Sarid
Social Work Department, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci 48:12-8. 2011..If confirmed by additional studies it will have a significant implication on the understanding of gelotophobia in relation to social phobia and related phobias...
- Students' reactions to three typical examinations in health sciencesOrly Sarid
Matilda and Leon Recanati School for Health Professions Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, POB 65384105, Beer Sheva, Israel
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 10:291-302. 2005....
- Relationship between self-reported function and disability and balance performance measures in the elderlyItshak Melzer
Department of Physical Therapy, Recanati School for Community Health Professions, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Rehabil Res Dev 44:685-91. 2007..The LLFDI is recommended as an outcome instrument in studies in which older adults' function and disability are outcomes of interest...
- Nutritional status in relation to balance and falls in the elderly: a preliminary look at serum folateDanit Shahar
S Daniel Abraham International Center for Health and Nutrition and Department of Epidemiology and Health Services Evaluation, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Ann Nutr Metab 54:59-66. 2009..In elderly persons, fall-related injury is a serious public health problem. We investigated the impact of essential nutritional elements on falls in the elderly...
- Using art as a self-regulating tool in a war situation: a model for social workersEphrat Huss
Charlotte B and Jack J Spitzer Department of Social Work, Center for Women s Health Studies and Promotion, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Health Soc Work 35:201-9. 2010..The authors propose this method as an effective intervention model with social workers in high-stress situations...