Affiliation: Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Brief report: Binge drinking among high-risk male and female adolescents in IsraelRichard Isralowitz
J Adolesc 29:845-9. 2006..Further research of binge drinking and alcohol-related problem behaviour among high-risk youth is important so that it can be applied to immediate and longstanding prevention efforts...
- Immigrant and native-born female heroin addicts in IsraelRichard Isralowitz
Regional Alcohol and Drug Resources Center, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Psychoactive Drugs 34:97-103. 2002..Discussion is given to the study findings as well as issues relevant to the formation of policy regarding services to female addicts in the country...
- Visual problems among people with mental retardationRichard Isralowitz
Department of Social Work, Ben Gurion University, PO Box 653, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Int J Rehabil Res 26:149-52. 2003..The study findings are discussed in terms of policy implications and service provision, and recommendations are made for additional research...
- Gender differences in prevalence of drug use among high risk adolescents in IsraelRichard Isralowitz
Dept of Social Work, Regional Alcohol and Drug Abuse Resources Center, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Addict Behav 31:355-8. 2006..Many studies of drug use in the general population have reinforced this assumption. Other recent findings, however, call the extent of gender differences into question...
- Russian speaking immigrants: drug use, infectious disease and related health behaviorRichard Isralowitz
Regional Alcohol and Drug Abuse Research Center, Ben Gurion University, 84105, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Immigr Minor Health 16:1311-5. 2014..Results evidence the impact of country of addiction origin on drug use patterns, infectious disease rates as well as other health related factors. Additional research of the relationship between acculturation and drug use is needed. ..
- Ethnicity and inhalant use among high risk adolescents in IsraelRichard Isralowitz
Department of Social Work, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, Israel 85515
J Ethn Subst Abuse 11:192-6. 2012..e., hanging around) were significantly linked to past 30-day inhalant use. Further research for public health and safety reasons is needed about inhalant use that is an international concern...
- Late life alcohol use and gender differences among Former Soviet Union immigrantsRichard Isralowitz
Regional Alcohol and Drug Abuse Resources Center, Spitzer Department of Social Work, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Ethn Subst Abuse 8:201-5. 2009..Such information should be applied to the development of policy and services that will address their quality of life needs...
- Toward an understanding of and response to tobacco use among high-risk Israeli and Palestinian youthRichard Isralowitz
Ben Gurion University, Israel
Eval Health Prof 31:306-12. 2008....
- Late-life benzodiazepine use among Russian-speaking immigrants in IsraelRichard Isralowitz
Department of Social Work, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, Israel 84105
Gerontologist 46:677-9. 2006..We provide information that can be applied to the improvement of age-related health and social services...
- Vision needs of people with intellectual disability in residential facilities and community-based homes for independent livingRichard Isralowitz
Department of Social Work, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, Israel
Disabil Rehabil 27:1451-3. 2005..The purpose of this study is to assess the visual problems of people with intellectual disability in residential and community-based facilities...
- Severity of heroin use in Israel: comparisons between native Israelis and former Soviet Union immigrantsRichard Isralowitz
Regional Alcohol and Drug Abuse Resources Center, Spitzer Department of Social Work, Ben Gurion University, Israel
Addiction 102:630-7. 2007..This study examined drug use patterns and severity among native-Israeli and former Soviet Union (FSU) immigrants in Israel who reported heroin use...
- Ethiopian origin high-risk youth: a cross-cultural examination of alcohol use, binge drinking, and problem behaviorRichard Isralowitz
a Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Ethn Subst Abuse 13:179-84. 2014..Findings highlight the need for ethno-cultural specific prevention and intervention efforts and further research of this high-risk, underserved group of immigrant origin youth. ..