A Mark Clarfield
Affiliation: Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- The diagnosis of delirium among elderly patients presenting to the emergency department of an acute hospitalYan Press
Yasski Clinic, Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment Unit, Clalit Health Services, Beersheva, Israel
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 48:201-4. 2009..We suggest that part of the solution involves providing appropriate education to ED physicians as well as adding a geriatric consultant to the ED roster...
- Screening in frail older people: an ounce of prevention or a pound of trouble?A Mark Clarfield
Department of Geriatrics Soroka Hospital, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:2016-21. 2010..For many frail older patients, an individualized approach to screening is recommended, adjusted to comorbidity, life expectancy, and patient preference. One size does not fit all...
- For-profit and not-for-profit nursing homes in Israel: do they differ with respect to quality of care?A Mark Clarfield
Department of Geriatrics, Soroka University Hospital, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheva, Israel
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 48:167-72. 2009..We conclude that in Israel, as in many other jurisdictions studied, FP NHs provide poorer care than NFPs, possibly due to a conflict between the demands of patient care and the desire to maximize profits in the FP institutions...
- Enteral feeding in end-stage dementia: a comparison of religious, ethnic, and national differences in Canada and IsraelA Mark Clarfield
Department of Geriatrics, Soroka Hospital, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 61:621-7. 2006....
- Healthy aging around the world: Israel too?A Mark Clarfield
Soroka Medical Center and Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 6:516-20. 2004..This phenomenon is not well understood but could be explained in part by the more severe formative experiences of many of Israel's very elderly cohort...
- The care of patients with dementia: a modern Jewish ethical perspectiveAlan B Jotkowitz
Department of Medicine, Soroka University Hospital, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:881-4. 2005....
- The Soviet "Doctors' Plot"-50 years onA Mark Clarfield
Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University, Beersheva, Israel
BMJ 325:1487-9. 2002
- Assessment of dementia in the primary care settingTzvi Dwolatzky
Department of Geriatrics, Memory Clinic, Mental Health Center and Ben Gurion University, Negev, Beersheva, Israel
Expert Rev Neurother 4:317-25. 2004..This may lead to misdiagnosis and unnecessary delays in therapeutic intervention. In this review, the primary care physician is provided with a structured approach to the assessment of cognitive decline...
- The decreasing prevalence of reversible dementias: an updated meta-analysisA Mark Clarfield
Department of Geriatrics, Soroka Hospital, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheva, Israel
Arch Intern Med 163:2219-29. 2003..It was predicted that further work would indicate an even lower rate. The present study represents an updated meta-analysis of the true prevalence of reversible dementia...
- A framework for evidence-based geriatric prevention in IsraelElliot Rosenberg
Department of Geriatrics, Soroka University Hospital, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 5:379-82. 2003
- The effect of co-morbidity on the rehabilitation process in elderly patients after hip fractureYan Press
Department of Geriatrics, Soroka Medical Hospital, POB 151, Beersheva 84101, Israel
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 45:281-94. 2007..In our context, we found that only co-morbidity (as measured by CIRS) is the best predictor of rehabilitation outcome of elderly patients after surgical repair of hip fracture...
- Ethical issues in end-of-life geriatric care: the approach of three monotheistic religions-Judaism, Catholicism, and IslamA Mark Clarfield
Soroka Hospital, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheva, Israel
J Am Geriatr Soc 51:1149-54. 2003..It is hoped that this approach will offer the geriatrician a useful approach to treating patients in an increasingly multicultural society...
- A flowchart system to improve fall data documentation in a long-term care institution: a pilot studyManuel Montero-Odasso
Division of Geriatric Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
J Am Med Dir Assoc 8:300-6. 2007..In many long-term care (LTC) institutions, current practice focuses only on the injury consequences with a lack in the assessment of main risk factors, characteristics of the fall episode, and secondary prevention...