- The loss of calretinin expression indicates aganglionosis in Hirschsprung's diseaseI Barshack
Department of Pathology, The Chaim Sheba Medical Centre, Tel Hashomer, 52621, affiliated to the Tel Aviv University, Sackler School of Medicine, Israel
J Clin Pathol 57:712-6. 2004....
- The effect of intravenous immunoglobulins on intimal thickening in a mouse model of arterial injuryG Keren
Department of Cardiology and the Cardiovascular Research Laboratory, Ichilov Hospital, Elias Sourasky Tel Aviv Medical Center, 6 Weizman Street, Tel Aviv, Israel
Atherosclerosis 159:77-83. 2001..Thus, IVIG has proven beneficial in ameliorating intimal thickening in a mouse model of arterial injury. The effect could be mediated by upregulation of T-cell secretion of the anti-inflammatory cytokine IL-10...
- Immunohistochemical analysis of candidate gene product expression in the duodenal epithelium of children with coeliac sprueI Barshack
Department of Pathology, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel-Hashomer 52621, Israel
J Clin Pathol 54:684-8. 2001..The reduced expression of E-cadherin and beta-catenin and p53 overexpression may contribute to the morphological changes seen in the small intestinal mucosa in coeliac disease...
- Disaccharides derived from heparin or heparan sulfate regulate IL-8 and IL-1 beta secretion by intestinal epithelial cellsY Chowers
Department of Gastroenterology, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Gastroenterology 120:449-59. 2001..Disaccharides derived from heparan sulfate and heparin have been shown to down-regulate inflammation in vivo. We tested the effect of such disaccharides on cytokine secretion by intestinal epithelial cells...
- Spectral morphometric characterization of breast carcinoma cellsI Barshack
Pathology Department, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Br J Cancer 79:1613-9. 1999..We conclude that the spectral morphometric features found for lobular and ductal cell populations may serve future automated histological diagnostics...
- Relation of preexisting anti-beta2GPI antibodies to infarct size in a rat modelI Barshack
Department of Pathology, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Cardiovasc Pathol 12:195-201. 2003..Herein, we evaluated the role of preexisting high levels of aPL antibodies in determining the size of the infarct induced by permanent ligation of the left anterior descending artery (LAD) in a rat model...
- Efficacy of intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) affinity-purified anti-desmoglein anti-idiotypic antibodies in the treatment of an experimental model of pemphigus vulgarisD Mimouni
Department of Medicine B and Zabludowicz Center for Autoimmune Diseases, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Clin Exp Immunol 162:543-9. 2010..In conclusion, the PV-sIVIG preparation is more effective than native IVIG in inhibiting anti-desmoglein-induced pemphigus vulgaris in mice and might serve as a future therapy in patients with the clinical disease...
- Accelerated intimal thickening in carotid arteries of balloon-injured rats after immunization against heat shock protein 70J George
Department of Cardiology and the Cardiovascular Research Laboratory, Tel Aviv Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Am Coll Cardiol 38:1564-9. 2001..These observations may provide a possible mechanism that explains the accelerated intimal thickening that has been associated with the occurrence of infectious pathogens...