- The use of VivaSight™ single lumen endotracheal tube in morbidly obese patients undergoing laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomyMichal Barak
Department of Anesthesiology, Rambam Health Care Campus, and the Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
BMC Anesthesiol 14:31. 2014..The aim of this study was to assess the VivaSight™ in comparison with conventional endotracheal tube as an aid in the intubation and surveillance of tube position during surgery of obese patients...
- Factors associated with adverse outcome following urologic surgery in patients aged 80 years and olderMichal Barak
Department of Anesthesiology, The Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Rambam Health Care Campus, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, 31096, Haifa, Israel
Aging Clin Exp Res 25:75-9. 2013..This study was designed to find predictors for adverse post-operative outcomes in elderly patients aged 80 years and older, who underwent urologic surgery...
- [Anesthesia and peri-operative care of the elderly patient]Michal Barak
Department of Anesthesia, Rambam Health Care Campus, Haifa, Israel
Harefuah 150:153-7, 204. 2011..Anesthesia and peri-operative care should be customized to this population. Practicing management of older patients undergoing surgery will increase the experience of all caregivers and, in time, improve outcome...
- Delayed awakening following inadvertent high-dose remifentanil infusion in a 13 year old patientMichal Barak
Department of Anesthesiology, Rambam Health Care Campus, affiliated with the Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa 31096, Israel
J Clin Anesth 23:322-4. 2011..The patient failed to awaken at the conclusion of the procedure and showed signs of opioid overdose. She recovered spontaneously two hours later...
- ETView tracheoscopic ventilation tube for surveillance after tube position in patients undergoing percutaneous nephrolithotomyM Barak
Department of Anesthesiology, Rambam Health Care Campus, Haifa, Israel
Br J Anaesth 104:501-4. 2010..The view from the tip appears continuously on a portable monitor in the anaesthetist's vicinity. This study was designed to test the ETView TVT in monitoring the TT position during general anaesthesia...
- Maternal obesity and pregnancy outcomeR Michlin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Western Galilee Medical Center, Nahariya, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 2:10-3. 2000..Obesity, a common condition in developed countries, is recognized as a threat to health...
- A comparison of the Truview blade with the Macintosh blade in adult patientsM Barak
Department of Anaesthesiology, Rambam Health Care Campus, and Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Anaesthesia 62:827-31. 2007..The Truview blade is a useful option for tracheal intubation in patients with normal and anticipated difficult airways...
- Mini-ventilation for improved oxygenation during lung resection surgeryM Y Shechtman
Department of Anesthesiology, Rambam Health Care Campus Teaching Hospital, Haifa, Israel
Anaesth Intensive Care 39:456-9. 2011..In conclusion, mini-ventilation is a simple method which improves oxygenation during lung resection. However due to interference with surgical field exposure, it should be reserved for cases in which CPAP does not relieve hypoxaemia...
- Changes in effective and lethal doses of intravenous anesthetics and lidocaine when used in combination in miceM Barak
Department of Anesthesiology, Haemek Medical Center, Afula, Israel
J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol 12:315-23. 2001..No significant difference was found between propofol and ketamine regarding the supraadditive effect...
- Retrosternal block use in the treatment for dyspnoeaM Barak
Department of Anaesthesiology, Rambam Medical Center and Laboratory of Anaesthesia, Pain and Neural Research, Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Anaesth Intensive Care 33:531-3. 2005..The block was easy to perform and was helpful when the patients' symptoms were not relieved by conventional therapy. Prospective controlled studies are needed to further assess this simple and promising treatment...