Affiliation: Bar-Ilan University
- The effects of intellectual functioning and autism severity on outcome of early behavioral intervention for children with autismEsther Ben-Itzchak
School of Education, Bar Ilan University, Autism Center, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center and ALUT Israeli National Alliance for children with autism, Ramat Gan, Israel
Res Dev Disabil 28:287-303. 2007..This study assessed the relation between pre-intervention variables (cognition, socialization and communication) to outcome in young children with autism...
- Event related potentials (ERP) and behavioral measurements to verbal stimulation of visual fieldsEsther Ben Itzchak
School of Education, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
Cortex 43:511-23. 2007..P300 amplitude was significantly larger and P300 latency significantly shorter over the LH than over the RH. Significantly shorter P300 latency and larger peak amplitude were found for RVF than for LVF stimulation...
- Cognitive, behavior and intervention outcome in young children with autismEsther Ben Itzchak
Communication Disorders Department, Ariel, University Center of Samaria, Autism Center, Asaf Harofeh Medical Center, Israel
Res Dev Disabil 29:447-58. 2008..IQ scores increased significantly more in the autism group than in the DD group. IQ improvements correlated significantly with reduction in autism symptoms and mostly in stereotyped behaviors...
- Specific neurological phenotypes in autism spectrum disorders are associated with sex representationEsther Ben-Itzchak
Department of Communication Disorders, Ariel University Center of Samaria, Ariel, Israel The Autism Center, Department of Pediatrics, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Autism Res 6:596-604. 2013..Therefore, involvement of different etiologies is suggested in ASD in females...
- Cognitive Ability is Associated with Different Outcome Trajectories in Autism Spectrum DisordersEsther Ben-Itzchak
Department of Communication Disorders, Ariel University, 40700, Ariel, Israel
J Autism Dev Disord 44:2221-9. 2014..The entire group progressed with intervention, but only children with higher cognitive levels at baseline transferred their acquired socio-communication skills into daily functioning. ..