- Cerebral alveolar echinococcosis. A case report with MRI and review of the literature
Department of Neurosurgery, SB Goztepe Education and Research Hospital, Goztepe, Istanbul, Turkey
J Neurosurg Sci 51:145-51; discussion 151. 2007
..Hypointense grape-like mass with calcification and surrounding white matter edema in T2-weighted MRI should suggest cerebral alveolar echinococcosis. Radical surgery and an adjuvant therapy with ABZ provides useful prolongation of life...
- Long-term results and complications of the syringopleural shunting for treatment of syringomyelia: a clinical study
Department of Neurosurgery, Istanbul Medeniyet University Goztepe Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Br J Neurosurg 27:91-9. 2013
..Their ages ranged from 14 to 71 years. Both craniovertebral decompression and syringopleural shunting were performed on 21 patients, whereas only syringopleural shunting was performed on another 21 patients...
- Chiari malformation type III and results of surgery: a clinical study: report of eight surgically treated cases and review of the literature
Department of Neurosurgery, SB Goztepe Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Pediatr Neurosurg 45:19-28. 2009
..The characteristics of Chiari malformation type III and its treatment are evaluated in this study. Radiological and surgical findings were correlated and the benefits of the therapy are discussed...
- Surgical treatment of huge congenital extracranial immature teratoma: a case report
Department of Neurosurgery, S B Goztepe Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Childs Nerv Syst 27:833-9. 2011
..To date, the patient has survived for 6 months without neurological deficit. We conclude that acceptable functional outcomes in the context of massive congenital craniofacial teratomas can be achieved by early radical resection...
- A new entity: Chiari Zero malformation and its surgical method
M H Goztepe Education and Research Hospital, Department of Neurosurgery, Istanbul, Turkey
Turk Neurosurg 21:264-8. 2011
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme insertion/deletion gene polymorphism in patients with familial multiple cerebral cavernous malformations
Department of Neurosurgery, Tayfur Ata Sokmen Medical Faculty, Mustafa Kemal University, Antakya Hatay 31700, Turkey
J Clin Neurosci 17:1034-7. 2010
..05). These results suggest that the D polymorphism of the ACE gene may be involved in the pathogenesis of familial CCM...
- Currarino triad: surgical management and follow-up results of four [correction of three] cases
Department of Neurosurgery, Goztepe Research and Education Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey nejatisik hotmail com
Pediatr Neurosurg 46:110-9. 2010
..Such approaches are performed easily by transdural ligation of the neck of the anterior sacral meningocele or through tumor excision...
- Noninvasive estimation of cerebral perfusion pressure with transcranial Doppler ultrasonography in traumatic brain injury
M H Istanbul Medeniyet University, Goztepe Education and Research Hospital, Department of Anesthesiology and Reanimation, Istanbul, Turkey
Turk Neurosurg 22:411-5. 2012
..The study is assigned to estimate CPP values with middle cerebral artery (MCA) flow velocities measured noninvasively using transcranial Doppler ultrasonography (TCD). MATERIAL and..
- Intracranial cholesteatoma - case report and critical review
T E Habesoglu
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Haydarpasa Numune Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Clin Neuropathol 28:440-4. 2009
..Synonyms for cholesteatoma found in the literature include epidermoid tumor, epidermoid cysts and epithelial inclusion cyst. Intracranial extension of an acquired cholesteatoma is a rarely documented occurrence...