Affiliation: University College Dublin
- Automated image analysis in histopathology: a valuable tool in medical diagnosticsLaoighse Mulrane
UCD School of Biomolecular and Biomedical Science, Conway Institute, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 8:707-25. 2008..Reinforced by the phenomenal growth of the virtual pathology field, it is envisioned that the market for automated image analysis tools will greatly expand over the next 10 years...
- Tissue microarrays and digital image analysisDenise Ryan
UCD School of Biomolecular and Biomedical Science, UCD Conway Institute, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin, Ireland
Methods Mol Biol 691:97-112. 2011..We also describe the process of digital slide scanning of kidney and liver sections, in the context of creating an online resource of histopathological data...
- miR-187 is an independent prognostic factor in breast cancer and confers increased invasive potential in vitroLaoighse Mulrane
UCD Schools of Biomolecular and Biomedical Science, UCD Conway Institute, University College Dublin, Belfield, Ireland
Clin Cancer Res 18:6702-13. 2012..Here, we describe an integrated bioinformatics, functional analysis, and translational pathology approach to identify novel miRNAs involved in breast cancer progression...
- Characterisation and manipulation of docetaxel resistant prostate cancer cell linesAmanda J O'Neill
UCD School of Medicine and Medical Science, UCD Conway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Research, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Mol Cancer 10:126. 2011..Three Docetaxel resistant sub-lines were generated and confirmed to be resistant to the apoptotic and anti-proliferative effects of increasing concentrations of Docetaxel...
- Creation of a digital slide and tissue microarray resource from a multi-institutional predictive toxicology study in the rat: an initial report from the PredTox groupLaoighse Mulrane
UCD School of Biomolecular and Biomedical Science, UCD Conway Institute, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Exp Toxicol Pathol 60:235-45. 2008..The population of the PredTox database with these digitised images represents the creation of the first toxicological database integrating 'omics and preclinical data with histological images...