Affiliation: University College Dublin
- Use of a highly-sensitive cardiac troponin I assay in a screening population for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: a case-referent studyCatherine M McGorrian
Department of Cardiology, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Eccles St, Dublin 7, Ireland
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 13:70. 2013..Cardiac troponin biomarkers have previously been shown to be elevated in HCM. This study examines the new highly-sensitive cardiac troponin I (hsTnI) assay in a HCM screening population...
- Family-based cardiac screening in relatives of victims of sudden arrhythmic death syndromeCatherine McGorrian
the Heart House, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Eccles Street, Dublin 7, Ireland
Europace 15:1050-8. 2013..Sudden arrhythmic death syndrome (SADS) occurs when a person suffers a sudden, unexpected death, with no cause found at postmortem examination. We aimed to describe the cardiac screening outcomes in a population of relatives of SADS victims..
- Family-based associations in measures of psychological distress and quality of life in a cardiac screening clinic for inheritable cardiac diseases: a cross-sectional studyCatherine McGorrian
the Heart House, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin 7, Ireland
BMC Med Genet 14:1. 2013..We sought to examine wellbeing and QoL in a representative group of adults aged 16 and over in a dedicated family cardiac screening clinic...
- Cardiovascular disease and risk factors in an indigenous minority population. The All-Ireland Traveller Health StudyCatherine McGorrian
UCD School of Public Health, Physiotherapy and Population Science, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Eur J Prev Cardiol 19:1444-53. 2012..While minority populations worldwide are known to have high rates of risk factors for cardiovascular disease (CVD), Traveller CVD risk has not previously been defined...
- The health care experiences of Travellers compared to the general population: the All-Ireland Traveller Health StudyCatherine McGorrian
School of Public Health, Physiotherapy and Population Science, University College Dublin, Ireland
J Health Serv Res Policy 17:173-80. 2012..Travellers are a minority population in Ireland and Great Britain, who have poorer health status than the general population. This study aims to investigate Traveller health service utilization and experiences of health service quality...
- A global perspective on psychosocial risk factors for cardiovascular diseaseAntoinette Neylon
Department of Cardiology, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Eccles Street, Dublin 7, Ireland
Prog Cardiovasc Dis 55:574-81. 2013..Despite the strength of this association the results from behavioural and pharmacological interventions have not clearly resulted in improved outcomes...
- The Brady Bunch? New evidence for nominative determinism in patients' health: retrospective, population based cohort studyJohn J Keaney
Cardiology Department, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin 7, Ireland
BMJ 347:f6627. 2013..To ascertain whether a name can influence a person's health, by assessing whether people with the surname "Brady" have an increased prevalence of bradycardia...
- Cardiovascular risk age: concepts and practicalitiesMarie Therese Cooney
Department of Cardiology, Adelaide Meath Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Heart 98:941-6. 2012..The aim of the study was to derive a generic equation for risk age, construct risk age charts, and explore the hypothesis that risk age is similar regardless of the cardiovascular disease (CVD) end point used...
- Increased incidence of QT interval prolongation in a population receiving lower doses of methadone maintenance therapyAndrew K Roy
Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Addiction 107:1132-9. 2012....
- Detection of high-sensitivity troponin in outpatients with stable pulmonary hypertension identifies a subgroup at higher risk of adverse outcomesAndrew K Roy
Departments of Respiratory Medicine and Cardiology, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland Electronic address
J Card Fail 20:31-7. 2014..Less is known about the association of these markers with adverse events in chronic right ventricular dysfunction due to pulmonary hypertension, or whether their measurement may improve risk assessment in the outpatient setting...
- A qualitative study of infant feeding decisions among low-income women in the Republic of IrelandEmily Shortt
School of Public Health, Physiotherapy and Population Science, Woodview House, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Midwifery 29:453-60. 2013..to explore infant feeding decisions among low-income women living in Ireland to gain an in-depth understanding of the factors, which influence breast feeding initiation and continuation...
- Sudden cardiac death in 14- to 35-year olds in Ireland from 2005 to 2007: a retrospective registryRonan Margey
Sudden Cardiac Death in the Young Registry, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Eccles Street, Dublin 7, Ireland
Europace 13:1411-8. 2011..Ireland has previously had no measure of the incidence of SCD in young people. We report the incidence and causes of SCD in persons <35 years of age...