Affiliation: University College Dublin
- Family-based cardiac screening in relatives of victims of sudden arrhythmic death syndromeCatherine McGorrian
the Heart House, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Eccles Street, Dublin 7, Ireland
Europace 15:1050-8. 2013..Sudden arrhythmic death syndrome (SADS) occurs when a person suffers a sudden, unexpected death, with no cause found at postmortem examination. We aimed to describe the cardiac screening outcomes in a population of relatives of SADS victims..
- Family-based associations in measures of psychological distress and quality of life in a cardiac screening clinic for inheritable cardiac diseases: a cross-sectional studyCatherine McGorrian
the Heart House, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin 7, Ireland
BMC Med Genet 14:1. 2013..We sought to examine wellbeing and QoL in a representative group of adults aged 16 and over in a dedicated family cardiac screening clinic...
- Cardiovascular disease and risk factors in an indigenous minority population. The All-Ireland Traveller Health StudyCatherine McGorrian
UCD School of Public Health, Physiotherapy and Population Science, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Eur J Prev Cardiol 19:1444-53. 2012..While minority populations worldwide are known to have high rates of risk factors for cardiovascular disease (CVD), Traveller CVD risk has not previously been defined...
- The health care experiences of Travellers compared to the general population: the All-Ireland Traveller Health StudyCatherine McGorrian
School of Public Health, Physiotherapy and Population Science, University College Dublin, Ireland
J Health Serv Res Policy 17:173-80. 2012..Travellers are a minority population in Ireland and Great Britain, who have poorer health status than the general population. This study aims to investigate Traveller health service utilization and experiences of health service quality...
- A global perspective on psychosocial risk factors for cardiovascular diseaseAntoinette Neylon
Department of Cardiology, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Eccles Street, Dublin 7, Ireland
Prog Cardiovasc Dis 55:574-81. 2013..Despite the strength of this association the results from behavioural and pharmacological interventions have not clearly resulted in improved outcomes...
- Cardiovascular risk age: concepts and practicalitiesMarie Therese Cooney
Department of Cardiology, Adelaide Meath Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Heart 98:941-6. 2012..The aim of the study was to derive a generic equation for risk age, construct risk age charts, and explore the hypothesis that risk age is similar regardless of the cardiovascular disease (CVD) end point used...