Affiliation: University College Cork
- Second-hand smoke exposure levels and tobacco consumption patterns among a lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community in IrelandZ Kabir
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Western Gateway Building, University College Cork, Western Road, Cork, Ireland
Public Health 127:467-72. 2013..To estimate and identify characteristics of tobacco use, including use of roll-your-own (RYO) cigarettes and second-hand smoke (SHS) exposure, among a self-identified lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community in Ireland...
- Smoking ban and small-for-gestational age births in IrelandZubair Kabir
TobaccoFree Research Institute Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
PLoS ONE 8:e57441. 2013..Smoking-related adverse birth outcomes have both health care and societal cost implications. The main aim of this study was to determine the impact of the Irish smoke-free legislation on small-for-gestationa- age (SGA) births...
- Smoking characteristics of Polish immigrants in DublinZubair Kabir
Research Institute for a Tobacco Free Society RIFTFS, The Digital Depot, Thomas Street, Dublin, Ireland
BMC Public Health 8:428. 2008..The study also set out to identify significant predictors of 'current' smoking (some days and everyday) among the Polish immigrants...
- Are there health benefits associated with comprehensive smoke-free lawsPatrick G Goodman
Dublin Institute of Technology, Dublin, Ireland
Int J Public Health 54:367-78. 2009..In this paper, we review published studies to ascertain if there is any evidence of health benefits resulting from the implementation of these laws...
- Secondhand smoke exposure and neurobehavioral disorders among children in the United StatesZubair Kabir
Tobacco Free Research Institute, Dublin, Ireland
Pediatrics 128:263-70. 2011..Excess neurobehavioral disorders attributable to secondhand smoke (SHS) exposure in the home in 2007 were further investigated...