Affiliation: University College Cork
- Modelling Coronary Heart Disease Mortality declines in the Republic of Ireland, 1985-2006Zubair Kabir
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Trinity Centre for Health Sciences, St James s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland Electronic address
Int J Cardiol 168:2462-7. 2013..Consistent declines in coronary heart disease (CHD) death rates have been previously observed in Ireland since 1985...
- Second-hand smoke exposure levels and tobacco consumption patterns among a lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community in IrelandZ Kabir
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Western Gateway Building, University College Cork, Western Road, Cork, Ireland
Public Health 127:467-72. 2013..To estimate and identify characteristics of tobacco use, including use of roll-your-own (RYO) cigarettes and second-hand smoke (SHS) exposure, among a self-identified lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community in Ireland...
- Smoking ban and small-for-gestational age births in IrelandZubair Kabir
TobaccoFree Research Institute Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
PLoS ONE 8:e57441. 2013..Smoking-related adverse birth outcomes have both health care and societal cost implications. The main aim of this study was to determine the impact of the Irish smoke-free legislation on small-for-gestationa- age (SGA) births...
- Smoking characteristics of Polish immigrants in DublinZubair Kabir
Research Institute for a Tobacco Free Society RIFTFS, The Digital Depot, Thomas Street, Dublin, Ireland
BMC Public Health 8:428. 2008..The study also set out to identify significant predictors of 'current' smoking (some days and everyday) among the Polish immigrants...
- Cost-effectiveness of treatments reducing coronary heart disease mortality in Ireland, 2000 to 2010Kathleen Bennett
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Trinity Centre for Health Sciences, St James s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Value Health 12:10-5. 2009..Coronary heart disease (CHD) is associated with a large burden of disease in Ireland and is responsible for more than 6000 deaths annually. This study examined the cost-effectiveness of specific CHD treatments in Ireland...
- Can small changes in cardiovascular risk factors predict large future reductions in coronary heart disease mortality in Ireland?Zubair Kabir
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Trinity Centre for Health Sciences, St James s Hospital, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, 8, Ireland
Eur J Epidemiol 22:83-9. 2007..To examine the potential for decreasing cardiovascular risk factors in order to reduce coronary heart disease deaths by 2010 in Ireland...
- Primary care prescribing patterns in Ireland after the publication of large hypertension trialsZubair Kabir
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Trinity Centre for Health Sciences, St James s Hospital and Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 8, Ireland
Br J Clin Pharmacol 64:381-5. 2007..This study assessed prescribing patterns of antihypertensive therapies (AHT) before and after the publication of the LIFE, ALLHAT and VALUE trials between 2000 and 2005...
- Explaining the recent decrease in coronary heart disease mortality rates in Ireland, 1985-2000Kathleen Bennett
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Trinity Centre for Health Sciences, St James s Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland
J Epidemiol Community Health 60:322-7. 2006..To examine the proportion of the recent decline in coronary heart disease (CHD) deaths in Ireland attributable to (a) "evidence based" medical and surgical treatments, and (b) changes in major cardiovascular risk factors...
- Are there health benefits associated with comprehensive smoke-free lawsPatrick G Goodman
Dublin Institute of Technology, Dublin, Ireland
Int J Public Health 54:367-78. 2009..In this paper, we review published studies to ascertain if there is any evidence of health benefits resulting from the implementation of these laws...
- Secondhand smoke exposure and neurobehavioral disorders among children in the United StatesZubair Kabir
Tobacco Free Research Institute, Dublin, Ireland
Pediatrics 128:263-70. 2011..Excess neurobehavioral disorders attributable to secondhand smoke (SHS) exposure in the home in 2007 were further investigated...