MARTIN D CAFFREY
Affiliation: University of Limerick
- The Membrane Protein Data BankP Raman
Biophysics Program, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 63:36-51. 2006..A summary of the statistics as applied to entries in the MPDB is presented. The data suggest conditions appropriate for crystallization trials with novel membrane proteins...
- Crystallizing membrane proteins for structure determination: use of lipidic mesophasesMartin Caffrey
University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
Annu Rev Biophys 38:29-51. 2009..A hypothesis for how the method works at the molecular level and experimental evidence in support of the proposal are reviewed here. The latest advances, successes, and challenges associated with the method are described...
- Crystallizing membrane proteins using lipidic mesophasesMartin Caffrey
Membrane Structural and Functional Biology Group, University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
Nat Protoc 4:706-31. 2009..Methods for harvesting microcrystals are also described. The time required to prepare the protein-loaded mesophase and to set up a crystallization plate manually is about 1 h...
- MEMBRANE PROTEIN STRUCTURE : USE OF LIPIDIC MESOPHASESMartin Caffrey; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of these studies, together with an analysis in detail of the crystal/lipid interface will then be used in attempts at rational crystallization of the previously uncrystallized photosystem II from Chlamydomonas. ..
- INTERMEDIATES AND TRANSBILAYER PEPTIDESMartin Caffrey; Fiscal Year: 2001..Such activity is consistent with Dr. Caffrey's hypothesis. ..
- Membrane Proteins. Crystallogenesis/X-ray Structure(RMI)Martin Caffrey; Fiscal Year: 2007..Success in obtaining crystals, and ultimately the atomic structure of membrane proteins, will enhance our understanding of some of the most fundamental processes underlying cellular function that are integral to human health. ..
- Membrane Proteins, Crystallogenesis and X-ray StructureMartin Caffrey; Fiscal Year: 2009..Success in obtaining crystals, and ultimately the atomic structure of membrane proteins, will enhance our understanding of some of the most fundamental processes underlying cellular function that are integral to human health. ..