Affiliation: Trinity College
- Resistance to paclitaxel in a cisplatin-resistant ovarian cancer cell line is mediated by P-glycoproteinBritta Stordal
National Institute for Cellular Biotechnology, Dublin City University, Dublin, Ireland
PLoS ONE 7:e40717. 2012..Mechanisms characterised in IGROVCDDP cells may be applicable to relapsed ovarian cancer patients treated with frontline platinum/taxane chemotherapy...
- BRCA1/2 mutation analysis in 41 ovarian cell lines reveals only one functionally deleterious BRCA1 mutationBritta Stordal
Department of Histopathology, St James Hospital and Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 8, Ireland
Mol Oncol 7:567-79. 2013..PARP inhibitors may be useful in patients with BRCA1 deleterious mutations or gene methylation...
- Collateral sensitivity to cisplatin in KB-8-5-11 drug-resistant cancer cellsBen Doherty
Department of Histopathology, Trinity College Dublin, 1 18 Sir Patrick Dun Research Laboratory, Central Pathology Building, St James Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland
Anticancer Res 34:503-7. 2014..KB-8-5-11 has become sensitive to non-ABCB1 substrate cisplatin. Understanding the mechanism of collateral sensitivity to cisplatin may lead to biomarker discovery for platinum sensitivity in patients with cancer...
- PARP Inhibitors as P-glyoprotein SubstratesDenise Lawlor
Department of Histopathology, St James Hospital and Trinity College, Dublin, Dublin 8, Ireland
J Pharm Sci 103:1913-20. 2014..Veliparib and CEP-8983 do not appear to be substrates. Veliparib and CEP-8983 may therefore be more useful in combined chemotherapy regimens with P-gp substrates and may be active in platinum and taxane-resistant ovarian cancer...
- A systematic review of genes involved in the inverse resistance relationship between cisplatin and paclitaxel chemotherapy: role of BRCA1Britta Stordal
National Institute for Cellular Biotechnology, Dublin City University, Glasnevin, Dublin 9, Ireland
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 9:354-65. 2009..We propose that BRCA1 should be the first of a panel of cellular markers to predict the inverse cisplatin/paclitaxel resistance phenotype...
- Erlotinib or gefitinib for the treatment of relapsed platinum pretreated non-small cell lung cancer and ovarian cancer: a systematic reviewMark Murphy
National Institute for Cellular Biotechnology, Dublin City University, Ireland
Drug Resist Updat 14:177-90. 2011....