Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Trinity College
- Confirmation of association between autism and the mitochondrial aspartate/glutamate carrier SLC25A12 gene on chromosome 2q31Ricardo Segurado
Department of Genetics, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
Am J Psychiatry 162:2182-4. 2005..4 and 4.8. The authors' goal was to investigate this association with autism in Irish affected child-parent trios because replication in an independent sample is essential in the validation of such potentially important findings...
- Preferential transmission of paternal alleles at risk genes in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderZiarih Hawi
Department of Psychiatry and Genetics, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Am J Hum Genet 77:958-65. 2005..Possible reasons for this preferential transmission include imprinting and ascertainment bias, although results of further analyses show that the latter is unlikely...
- A genome-wide scan for common alleles affecting risk for autismRichard Anney
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, Trinity College, Dublin 8, Ireland
Hum Mol Genet 19:4072-82. 2010..Exploratory analyses of phenotypic subtypes yielded no significant associations after correction for multiple testing. They did, however, yield strong signals within several genes, KIAA0564, PLD5, POU6F2, ST8SIA2 and TAF1C...
- Genome scan meta-analysis of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, part III: Bipolar disorderRicardo Segurado
Neuropsychiatric Genetics Unit, Department of Genetics, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
Am J Hum Genet 73:49-62. 2003..We note that meta-analysis can sometimes provide support for linkage but cannot disprove linkage in any candidate region...
- Genomewide linkage scan in schizoaffective disorder: significant evidence for linkage at 1q42 close to DISC1, and suggestive evidence at 22q11 and 19p13Marian L Hamshere
Department of Psychological Medicine, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Wales
Arch Gen Psychiatry 62:1081-8. 2005..However, twin data suggest that, in addition to genes with specificity for these phenotypes, there exist genes that simultaneously influence susceptibility to schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and schizoaffective disorder...
- Genome scan meta-analysis of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, part I: Methods and power analysisDouglas F Levinson
Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3535 Market Street, Room 4006, Philadelphia, PA 19104 3309, USA
Am J Hum Genet 73:17-33. 2003..The results suggest that GSMA can detect linkage across multiple genome scans...
- Evidence for novel susceptibility genes for late-onset Alzheimer's disease from a genome-wide association study of putative functional variantsAndrew Grupe
Celera Diagnostics, 1401 Harbor Bay Parkway, Alameda, CA 94502, USA
Hum Mol Genet 16:865-73. 2007..This is a missense mutation in the galanin-like peptide precursor gene (P = 0.00005, OR = 1.2, false positive rate = 0.87)...
- Association analysis of AKT1 and schizophrenia in a UK case control sampleNadine Norton
Department of Psychological Medicine, Wales School of Medicine, Henry Wellcome Building, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, UK
Schizophr Res 93:58-65. 2007..Examination of our own data and those of other groups leads us to conclude that overall, the evidence for association of AKT1 as a susceptibility gene for schizophrenia is weakly positive, but not yet convincing...
- Bipolar affective puerperal psychosis: genome-wide significant evidence for linkage to chromosome 16Ian Jones
Department of Psychological Medicine, Henry Wellcome Building, Wales School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN UK
Am J Psychiatry 164:1099-104. 2007..The authors conducted a search by systematic whole genome linkage scan for loci influencing vulnerability to bipolar affective puerperal psychosis...
- Evidence that common variation in NEDD9 is associated with susceptibility to late-onset Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseaseYonghong Li
Celera, 1401 Harbor Bay Parkway, Alameda, CA 94502, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:759-67. 2008..These data implicate NEDD9 as a novel susceptibility gene for LOAD and possibly PD...
- Combined analysis from eleven linkage studies of bipolar disorder provides strong evidence of susceptibility loci on chromosomes 6q and 8qMatthew B McQueen
Harvard School of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Hum Genet 77:582-95. 2005..Our results establish genomewide significant linkage to BP on chromosomes 6q and 8q, which provides solid information to guide future gene-finding efforts that rely on fine-mapping and association approaches...