Rachel M McLoughlin
Affiliation: Trinity College
- Nasal colonisation by Staphylococcus aureus depends upon clumping factor B binding to the squamous epithelial cell envelope protein loricrinMichelle E Mulcahy
Department of Microbiology, Moyne Institute of Preventive Medicine, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
PLoS Pathog 8:e1003092. 2012..By combining in vitro biochemical analysis with animal model studies we have identified the squamous epithelial cell envelope protein loricrin as the target ligand for ClfB during nasal colonisation by S. aureus...
- Longitudinal relationship of early life immunomodulatory T cell phenotype and function to development of allergic sensitization in an urban cohortR M McLoughlin
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Clin Exp Allergy 42:392-404. 2012..Immunomodulatory T cells are thought to influence development of allergy and asthma, but early life longitudinal data on their phenotype and function are lacking...
- Influence of gastrointestinal commensal bacteria on the immune responses that mediate allergy and asthmaRachel M McLoughlin
School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
J Allergy Clin Immunol 127:1097-107; quiz 1108-9. 2011....
- Staphylococcus aureus Infection of Mice Expands a Population of Memory γδ T Cells That Are Protective against Subsequent InfectionAlison G Murphy
Host Pathogen Interactions Group, School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity Biomedical Sciences Institute, Dublin 2, Ireland
J Immunol 192:3697-708. 2014..aureus, in a fashion analogous to that associated with classical αβ T cells, and suggest that induction of IL-17-expressing γδ T cells may be an important property of a protective vaccine against S. aureus. ..
- The zwitterionic cell wall teichoic acid of Staphylococcus aureus provokes skin abscesses in mice by a novel CD4+ T-cell-dependent mechanismChristopher Weidenmaier
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e13227. 2010..An understanding of this novel T cell-dependent host response to staphylococcal abscess formation may lead to the development of new strategies to combat S. aureus skin and soft tissue infections...
- Relative contribution of Th1 and Th17 cells in adaptive immunity to Bordetella pertussis: towards the rational design of an improved acellular pertussis vaccinePádraig J Ross
Immune Regulation Research Group, School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity Biomedical Sciences Institute, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
PLoS Pathog 9:e1003264. 2013..Our findings demonstrate that alum promotes protective immunity through IL-1β-induced IL-17A production, but also reveal that optimum protection against B. pertussis requires induction of Th1, but not Th2 cells...
- Pneumolysin activates the NLRP3 inflammasome and promotes proinflammatory cytokines independently of TLR4Edel A McNeela
Adjuvant Research Group, School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
PLoS Pathog 6:e1001191. 2010..Furthermore, NLRP3 was required for protective immunity against respiratory infection with S. pneumoniae. These results add significantly to our understanding of the interactions between PLY and the immune system...