Affiliation: Trinity College
- Nurse-patient communication: an exploration of patients' experiencesCatherine McCabe
Trinity Centre for Health Sciences, St James s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
J Clin Nurs 13:41-9. 2004..Nurses are frequently described in the literature as poor communicators, however, very few studies have examined patients' experiences of how nurses communicate...
- How assertive are nurses in the workplace? A preliminary pilot studyFiona Timmins
Department of Nursing and Midwifery Studies, Trinity College, 24 D Olier Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
J Nurs Manag 13:61-7. 2005..This paper aims to outline the development and results of an instrument that describes the assertive behaviour of nurses...
- Evaluation of an art in health care elective module--a nurse education initiativeCatherine McCabe
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Trinity College Dublin, 24 D Olier Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
Nurse Educ Pract 13:113-7. 2013..International literature suggests that nurse educators perceive a value in the arts and literature as a teaching strategy in helping nurses express a personal philosophy of nursing, teaching spirituality and non-verbal communication...
- Methodological issues related to assessing and measuring quality of life in patients with cancer: implications for patient careC McCabe
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 17:56-64. 2008..Information from such studies may also be more effective in helping healthcare staff identify relevant issues when planning cancer care services at individual, local and national level...
- Issues for researchers to consider when using health-related quality of life outcomes in cancer researchC McCabe
Trinity College Dublin, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Dublin, Ireland
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 20:563-9. 2011....
- Nurses' and midwives' assertive behaviour in the workplaceFiona Timmins
School of Nursing and Midwifery Studies, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
J Adv Nurs 51:38-45. 2005..This paper reports a study describing the assertive behaviour of a group of professional nurses and midwives and exploring potential barriers and facilitators to the use of assertiveness skills in the workplace...
- How to conduct an effective literature searchF Timmins
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Trinity College Dublin
Nurs Stand 20:41-7. 2005..It is suggested that a systematic, organised search of the literature, that uses available resources effectively, is more likely to produce quality work...
- Research awareness: managerial challenges for nurses in the Republic of IrelandFiona Timmins
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
J Nurs Manag 20:224-35. 2012..In spite of the growing body of literature, the reality of getting research into practice remains problematic...
- 'Open Window': a randomized trial of the effect of new media art using a virtual window on quality of life in patients' experiencing stem cell transplantationCatherine McCabe
School of Medicine, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Psychooncology 22:330-7. 2013..To measure the psychological effect of an art intervention on hospitalized patients and explore benefits to their quality of life...