James D Martin-Smith
Affiliation: Trinity College
- A case of duodenal rupture secondary to massive inguino-scrotal herniaJ D Martin-Smith
Department of Clinical Surgery, St James s Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland
Hernia 17:541-3. 2013..While uncommon in modern practise, there are several surgical issues and approaches that need to be considered when this problem presents...
- Repair of anterior cleft palate fistulae with cancellous bone graft: a simple technique that facilitates dental reconstructionJames D Martin-Smith
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, St James s Hospital, James s Street, Dublin 8, Ireland
Plast Reconstr Surg 131:380e-7e. 2013..The authors present a method of repair using cancellous bone graft and only native palatal mucosa...
- Severe epigastric pain following a birthday partyJ D Martin-Smith
Department of Clinical Surgery, St James s Hospital, James s St, Dublin 8
Ir Med J 106:23. 2013..It was removed successfully with full resolution of symptoms, however a review of the literature shows that ingested toothpicks can cause major morbidity...
- Do helmets worn for hurling fail to protect the ear? Identification of an emerging injury patternJames D Martin-Smith
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland
Br J Sports Med 46:1134-6. 2012..Current helmet design fails to protect the external ear placing it at an increased risk of injury, a potential solution is to include ear protection in the helmet design...
- Management of gastro-bronchial fistula complicating a subtotal esophagectomy: a case reportJames D Martin-Smith
Department of Clinical Surgery, St James s Hospital and Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
BMC Surg 9:20. 2009..The development of a fistula between the tracheobronchial tree and the gastric conduit post esophagectomy is a rare and often fatal complication...