G P Davey
Affiliation: Trinity College
- GlycoForm and Glycologue: two software applications for the rapid construction and display of N-glycans from mammalian sourcesAndrew G McDonald
School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
BMC Res Notes 3:173. 2010..Several tools exist for building such structures graphically, by selecting from a palette of symbols or sugar names, or else by specifying a structure in one of the chemical naming schemes currently available...
- Energy thresholds in brain mitochondria. Potential involvement in neurodegenerationG P Davey
Department of Neurochemistry, Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 273:12753-7. 1998..The implications of these findings are discussed with respect to neurodegenerative disorders and energy metabolism in the synapse...
- High-level inhibition of mitochondrial complexes III and IV is required to increase glutamate release from the nerve terminalSeán M Kilbride
School of Biochemistry and Immunology and Trinity College Institute of Neuroscience, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
Mol Neurodegener 6:53. 2011..abstract:..
- Synergizing metabolic flux analysis and nucleotide sugar metabolism to understand the control of glycosylation of recombinant protein in CHO cellsSusan C Burleigh
School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
BMC Biotechnol 11:95. 2011..We present an experimental set-up that allows determination of these key processes associated with the control of N-linked glycosylation of recombinant proteins...
- It can be a complicated life being an enzymeK F Tipton
Department of Biochemistry, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
Biochem Soc Trans 31:711-5. 2003..Finally, the challenges posed by such multiplicity of functions for the interpretation of genetic deletion, in vivo inhibition and the development of functional protein databases are briefly considered...