- Solitary fibrous tumor of the floor of the mouth: case report and review of the literatureNeville Shine
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, South Infirmary Victoria Hospital, Cork, Republic of Ireland
Ear Nose Throat J 85:437-9. 2006..Rarely does it originate in the oral cavity, and only 1 case of this lesion in the floor of the mouth has been previously reported. We describe a new case of solitary fibrous tumor arising from the soft tissues of the floor of the mouth...
- Collet-Sicard syndrome: a rare presentation of metastatic prostate adenocarcinomaNeville P Shine
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, South Infirmary Victoria Hospital, Cork City, Republic of Ireland
Auris Nasus Larynx 32:315-8. 2005....
- Cervicofacial emphysema and pneumomediastinum following pediatric adenotonsillectomy: a rare complicationNeville Patrick Shine
Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Princess Margaret Hospital, Roberts Road, 20 Jarrad Street, Subiaco, Cottesloe, WA 6011, Australia
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 69:1579-82. 2005..A case occurring after adenotonsillar surgery in a 7-year-old child is presented. This report highlights this unusual complication and its potential to delay the postoperative recovery following adenotonsillectomy...
- Congenital cervical teratomas: diagnostic, management and postoperative variabilityNeville P Shine
Department of Paediatric Otolaryngology, Princess Margaret Hospital, Roberts Road, Subiaco, WA 6008 Perth, WA, Australia
Auris Nasus Larynx 33:107-11. 2006..To review the diagnosis, management and outcomes of congenital cervical teratomas presenting to a tertiary referral centre...
- Obstructive sleep apnea, morbid obesity, and adenotonsillar surgery: a review of the literatureNeville Patrick Shine
Princess Margaret Hospital, Roberts Road, Subiaco, WA 6008, Australia
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 69:1475-82. 2005..The literature regarding the etiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis and surgical treatment of obstructive sleep apnea in morbidly obese children is reviewed and pertinent data presented...
- Takayasu's arteritis and saddle nose deformity: a new associationNeville P Shine
Department of Otolaryngology, Adelaide Meath and National Children s Hospital AMNCH, Dublin, Republic of Ireland
J Laryngol Otol 120:59-62. 2006..A case of saddle nose deformity in a patient with confirmed Takayasu's arteritis is presented. The relevant literature is reviewed with reference to the possible differential diagnosis of patients with aortitis and saddle nose deformity...
- Spontaneous retropharyngeal and cervical emphysema: a rare singer's injuryNeville P Shine
Department of Otolaryngology, South Infirmary Victoria Hospital, Cork, Ireland
Ear Nose Throat J 84:726-7. 2005..We describe a case that was unusual in its etiology: the result of singing. Although this condition is usually benign, hospital admission for close observation and supportive therapy is prudent...
- Digital spectral analysis of the drill-bone acoustic interface during temporal bone dissection: a qualitative cadaveric pilot studyNeville Patrick Shine
South Infirmary Victoria Hospital, Cork, Republic of Ireland
Otol Neurotol 27:728-33. 2006..To qualitatively assess the different acoustic signatures of an otologic drill burr-bone interface during temporal bone dissection on full thickness calvarial and thin tegmen bone...
- Meatoplasty keloid: a rare lesion treated with an unusual surgical approachN P Shine
Department of Paediatric Otolaryngology, Princess Margaret Hospital, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
J Laryngol Otol 120:594-6. 2006..Treatment was successfully performed by surgical excision, with closure of the defect using supra-keloid skin flaps, followed by serial steroid injection therapy...