Affiliation: Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Trends and attitudes towards paediatric circumcision in the South of IrelandF O'Kelly
Department of Adult and Paediatric Urological Surgery, Mercy University Hospital, Grenville Place, Cork, Ireland
Ir J Med Sci 183:605-9. 2014..There is currently no corresponding contemporary data pertaining to trends and attitudes of general surgeons to paediatric circumcision in Ireland...
- Characteristics of modern Gleason 9/10 prostate adenocarcinoma: a single tertiary centre experience within the Republic of IrelandF O'Kelly
Department of Urology, Cork Mercy University Hospitals, Cork, Ireland
World J Urol 32:1067-74. 2014..The purpose of this study was to define the clinicopathologic variables and staging information for this high-risk population, and to identify whether traditional prostate staging techniques are adequate for this subcohort of men...
- An unusual presentation of Boerhaave Syndrome: a case reportFardod O'Kelly
Department of Clinical Surgery, Trinity Centre, Trinity College Dublin and St James s Hospital Dublin 8 Ireland
Cases J 2:8000. 2009..We present a unique case of Boerhaave Syndrome that may highlight the spectrum of barotrauma from a Mallory-Weiss tear to full-thickness perforation. In this case, perforation only became evident following air insufflation at endoscopy...
- Can delayed time to referral to a tertiary level urologist with an abnormal PSA level affect subsequent Gleason grade in the opportunistically screened population?Fardod O'Kelly
Department of Urological Surgery, St Vincent s University Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin, Ireland
Prostate 73:1263-9. 2013..It is unknown as to what affect a delay in referral of those men with abnormal screened-PSA levels have on subsequent Gleason grade...
- Emerging evidence for Gleason grade migration and distance impact in prostate cancer? An analysis of the rapid access prostate clinic in a tertiary referral center: St. Vincent's University Hospital, Dublin (2009-2011)F O'Kelly
Department of Urological Surgery, St Vincent s University Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin 4
Ir J Med Sci 182:487-91. 2013..Recent evidence has suggested that the introduction of rapid access prostate cancer programs has led to a more streamlined pathway for patients, and was designed to ultimately reduce referral delays...
- Endoscopic T-tube placement in the management of lye-induced esophageal perforation: Case report of a safe treatment strategyMary Aisling McMahon
Department of Clinical Surgery, Trinity Centre, Trinity College Dublin and St, James s Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland
Patient Saf Surg 3:19. 2009..We report herein a case of lye-induced esophageal perforation managed successfully by employing endoscopic T-tube placement with a successful outcome...
- Management of synchronous adenocarcinoma of the esophago-gastric junction and ampulla of Vater: case report of a surgically challenging conditionNamita Jayaprakash
Department of Clinical Surgery, Trinity Centre, Trinity College Dublin and St James s Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland
Patient Saf Surg 3:23. 2009..Patient returned to a good quality of life at six-month follow up with no further gastrointestinal symptoms or evidence of disease recurrence...
- The value of double balloon enteroscopy in diagnosing blue rubber bleb naevus syndrome: a case reportFardod O'Kelly
Department of Clinical Surgery, Trinity Centre, St James s Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland
Cases J 3:29. 2010....
- Gun shot-101: an 8-year review of gunshot injuries in an Irish teaching hospital from a general surgical perspectiveF O'Kelly
Department of General Surgery, Connolly Hospital, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, Republic of Ireland
Ir J Med Sci 179:239-43. 2010..Gun-related crime offences have increased in the Republic of Ireland steadily over the past number of years. Regional trauma units are witnessing unprecedented numbers of injuries in the Republic of Ireland with limited prior experience...
- An 11-year analysis of the prevalent uropathogens and the changing pattern of Escherichia coli antibiotic resistance in 38,530 community urinary tract infections, Dublin 1999-2009I M Cullen
Department of Urology, AMNCH, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Ireland
Ir J Med Sci 182:81-9. 2013..We also examined the trends in antibiotic resistance encountered in both the pooled urine samples and those where the causative organism was Escherichia coli...
- A novel case of laparoscopic ureterolithotomy in a partial duplex ureteric collecting system: can open procedures still be justified in the minimally invasive era?F O'Kelly
Department of Urological Surgery, St Vincent s University Hospital, Dublin 4, Republic of Ireland
Ir J Med Sci 182:519-22. 2013..Laparoscopic ureterolithotomy can provide a safe and successful alternative to these and open, invasive procedures...
- Double trouble--ureteric obstruction due to bilateral urothelial carcinomaG J Nason
Department of Urology, St Vincent s University Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin 4
Ir Med J 106:182-3. 2013..Haematuria is the main presenting complaint. We report a case of synchronous bilateral tumors of the ureters in a gentleman with frank haematuria treated with staged aggressive resection...
- Percutaneous transhepatic cholecystoscopic gallstone fragmentation: a novel approach for the medically unfit patient?D P Joyce
St Vincent s University Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin 4
Ir Med J 106:88-9. 2013..We describe the case of on such gentleman in whom percutaneous transhepatic cholecystoscopy was used to completely fragment a large gallbladder calculus through the use of a nephroscope and Swiss lithoclast Master...
- Survival after incidental prostate cancer diagnosis at transurethral resection of prostate: 10-year outcomesS Ahmad
Department of Urology, The Adelaide and Meath Hospital incorporating the National Children s Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin, Ireland
Ir J Med Sci 181:27-31. 2012..It is important to determine the long-term outcomes to establish an appropriate management in patients with incidental prostate cancer...