Siobhán M O'Sullivan
- Activated, cytotoxic CD8(+) T lymphocytes contribute to the pathology of asthma deathS O'Sullivan
Department of Respiratory Medicine, James Connolly Memorial Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 164:560-4. 2001..No viral genome was detected in the lungs of the control group. In conclusion, this study provides novel evidence of an aberrant CD8(+) T-cell population, possibly in response to viral infection in subjects who die of acute asthma...
- Effects of varying doses of fluticasone propionate on the physiology and bronchial wall immunopathology in mild-to-moderate asthmaSiobhan O'Sullivan
Department of Clinical Immunology, Royal Free and University College Hospital Medical School, Pond Street, London NW3 2QG, UK
Chest 122:1966-72. 2002..The aim of the present study was to investigate if a dose-response relationship exists for lung function and inflammatory cell numbers in bronchial biopsy specimens...
- Effect of the addition of montelukast to inhaled fluticasone propionate on airway inflammationSiobhan O'Sullivan
Department of Clinical Immunology, Royal Free and University College School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167:745-50. 2003..61) between treatments. Reduction of inflammatory cell numbers in the bronchial mucosa achieved with FP plus montelukast was not significantly different from the reduction observed with FP alone in individuals with mild asthma...
- Fluticasone induces T cell apoptosis in the bronchial wall of mild to moderate asthmaticsS O'Sullivan
Department of Immunology, Royal Free and University College Hospital Medical School, London NW3 2QG, UK
Thorax 59:657-61. 2004..Cytokines which signal via the gamma chain of the interleukin (IL)-2 receptor and the interferons (IFNs) have been shown to enhance T cell survival in vitro by rescuing cells from apoptosis...
- Asthma death, CD8+ T cells, and virusesSiobhán M O'Sullivan
Royal Irish Academy, 19 Dawson St, Dublin 2 Ireland
Proc Am Thorac Soc 2:162-5. 2005..However, it would appear that an aberrant CD8+ T cell response in the context of a viral infection may place individuals with asthma at risk for fatal asthma...