Affiliation: Mater Misericordiae Hospital
- Parents of young people with self-harm or suicidal behaviour who seek help - a psychosocial profileSophia Morgan
The Children s University Hospital, Temple Street, Dublin, Ireland
Child Adolesc Psychiatry Ment Health 7:13. 2013....
- Do we miss depressive disorders and suicidal behaviours in clinical practice?Carol Fitzpatrick
University College Dublin, Ireland
Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry 17:449-58. 2012..Unless specific pointers are sought, it is easy to miss these, which may mean that vulnerable young people do not benefit from potentially effective treatments...
- Deliberate self-harm in children and adolescents: a qualitative study exploring the needs of parents and carersSinead Byrne
The Children s University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry 13:493-504. 2008..These findings support current research that identifies the need for service development and information for parents/carers of young people who self-harm...
- A pilot study evaluating a support programme for parents of young people with suicidal behaviourLorna Power
Department of Child Psychiatry, The Children s University Hospital, Temple Street, Dublin, Ireland
Child Adolesc Psychiatry Ment Health 3:20. 2009..The programme may also reduce parental reports of their children's difficulties. Further evaluation using a randomized controlled trial is indicated...
- Psychotic symptoms, functioning and coping in adolescents with mental illnessJohanna Tw Wigman
Department of Psychiatry, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Education and Research Centre Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
BMC Psychiatry 14:97. 2014..This paper aimed to address the question whether 1) psychotic symptoms are associated with poorer functioning and 2) whether poor coping moderated the association...
- A controlled clinical evaluation of the parents plus children's programme: a video-based programme for parents of children aged 6 to 11 with behavioural and developmental problemsMichael Coughlin
Mater Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service, Metropolitan Building, James Joyce Street, Dublin, Ireland
Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry 14:541-58. 2009..The strengths and limitations of the study are discussed, as well as the difficulties of conducting practice-based research...