Affiliation: Mater Misericordiae Hospital
- Parents of young people with self-harm or suicidal behaviour who seek help - a psychosocial profileSophia Morgan
The Children s University Hospital, Temple Street, Dublin, Ireland
Child Adolesc Psychiatry Ment Health 7:13. 2013....
- Do we miss depressive disorders and suicidal behaviours in clinical practice?Carol Fitzpatrick
University College Dublin, Ireland
Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry 17:449-58. 2012..Unless specific pointers are sought, it is easy to miss these, which may mean that vulnerable young people do not benefit from potentially effective treatments...
- Deliberate self-harm in children and adolescents: a qualitative study exploring the needs of parents and carersSinead Byrne
The Children s University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry 13:493-504. 2008..These findings support current research that identifies the need for service development and information for parents/carers of young people who self-harm...
- A pilot study evaluating a support programme for parents of young people with suicidal behaviourLorna Power
Department of Child Psychiatry, The Children s University Hospital, Temple Street, Dublin, Ireland
Child Adolesc Psychiatry Ment Health 3:20. 2009..The programme may also reduce parental reports of their children's difficulties. Further evaluation using a randomized controlled trial is indicated...
- A controlled clinical evaluation of the parents plus children's programme: a video-based programme for parents of children aged 6 to 11 with behavioural and developmental problemsMichael Coughlin
Mater Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service, Metropolitan Building, James Joyce Street, Dublin, Ireland
Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry 14:541-58. 2009..The strengths and limitations of the study are discussed, as well as the difficulties of conducting practice-based research...