Feilim Liam Murphy
Affiliation: Cork University Hospital
- Long-term complications following intestinal malrotation and the Ladd's procedure: a 15 year reviewFeilim Liam Murphy
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Women s and Children s Hospital, 72 King William Road, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Pediatr Surg Int 22:326-9. 2006..However the long term sequelae and late complications of its surgical therapy are less well understood. We hypothesised that the surgical corrected intestinal malrotation have significant long term impact on the patients quality of life...
- Orchidopexy and its impact on fertilityFeilim Murphy
Children s Research Centre, Our Lady s Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin, Dublin 4, Ireland
Pediatr Surg Int 23:625-32. 2007..Hormonal treatment in conjunction with early surgical correction has not been fully explored. We recommend orchidopexy soon after 6-7 months of age, corrected for term, to maximise the future fertility potential...
- Early scrotal exploration in all cases is the investigation and intervention of choice in the acute paediatric scrotumFeilim Liam Murphy
The Starship Children s Hospital, Park Road, Grafton, Auckland, New Zealand
Pediatr Surg Int 22:413-6. 2006..The surgical treatment of torted appendage testis is safe, allowing accurate diagnosis and pain relief with minimal morbidity. Early scrotal exploration of all cases with testicular pain ensures maximal testicular salvage...
- The novel use of small intestinal submucosal matrix for chest wall reconstruction following Ewing's tumour resectionFeilim Murphy
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Our Lady s Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin, Dublin 12, Ireland
Pediatr Surg Int 23:353-6. 2007..We believe its unique properties allow it to act as a suitable framework for chest wall reconstruction allowing chest wall growth and development...
- Testicular and paratesticular pathology in infants and children: the histopathological experience of a tertiary paediatric unit over a 17 year periodF L Murphy
Department of Paediatric Urology, Great Ormond Street Children s Hospital, Great Ormond Street, London WC1N 3JH, UK
Pediatr Surg Int 23:867-72. 2007..Neoplasms represented >20% of the pathology, but the largest clinical group of pathological specimens in this patient population is associated with clinically impalpable or the palpably abnormal testis...
- Gastroschisis and exomphalos in Ireland 1998-2004. Does antenatal diagnosis impact on outcome?F L Murphy
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Our Lady s Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin 12, Dublin 12, Ireland
Pediatr Surg Int 23:1059-63. 2007..Despite this result, the importance of antenatal screening and prenatal management of complex foetal conditions with consultation with experienced paediatric and neonatal staff is without doubt...